Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Position Switchable Tune .. Will this ever be available for LBZ???

Default 5 Position Switchable Tune .. Will this ever be available for LBZ???

If so, I'll jump on the EFI bandwagon.

Duramax DSP5 - 5 Position Switchable Tune
    24th October, 2006

EFILive is proud to announce that a 5 position switchable tune on the fly has moved into testing, with public release scheduled for late in 2006. With EFILive being the first to offer all Duramax DIY and professional tuners the ability to create their own switchable tune, we've stepped up to our customers requests and created DSP5, suitable for both LB7 and LLY.

So how does it work and what are the features?

Simply wire in the switch, create your new tunes to switch between in our EFILive software, flash your new file into your ECM using FlashScan and away you go. You'll have Stock, then tunes 1-4.

But you know we wouldn't stop at just a simple 5 position tune, we've also added another feature called DSP Staging. DSP Stanging allows you to define some thresholds by which the ECM will limit fuelling. As an example, you can set it up so at 1800RPM you start to limit fuel to get consistent drag racing launches, set the DSP Launch control to bypass the limit above 50% throttle so as soon as you mash the pedal full fuelling will occur for the run down the strip.

Also included with DSP5 is a controllable output and valet mode - all in all what more could a Duramax owner want?

It will be looked at seriously at a later stage, but there is nothing just around the corner or in testing.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    It will be looked at seriously at a later stage, but there is nothing just around the corner or in testing.

Cheers,
    Ross
    So, if I get EFI live and it comes out later, what would be needed to purchase? I.e. hopefully not a new EFI live setup, maybe just a switch and software? I.e. I won't have to spend another $800 to get this feature IF it comes out?

Software updates and Custom OS's are provided free for our customers. So if you bought now if would be available to you an no additional cost
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Any updates on the progress of DSP for the LBZ?

Not on the next release. Not sure its in the works at all. Next is supposed to be stand a lone tuning and transmission support.
    07 3500, CC, DRW, LB, 4x4, 486RWHP/909Tq LBZ, McRat EFI Live, SC IV trans (1057), Cogs, sleeves, blocked no finger, PPE race valve, KD dual lift pumps, TxC Fan Damn. 5,000 lb 2004 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper, 06 Stingray Powerboat 230LX, 23ft, 350 CDI/300hp. Colorado Springs.

Well, LBZ / LMM TCM support is in the next release.
    DSP for LBZ has not been looked at further since my last post I'm sorry to say.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Well, LBZ / LMM TCM support is in the next release.
    DSP for LBZ has not been looked at further since my last post I'm sorry to say.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Just out of curiosity, how does Bully Dog allow you to switch tunes from their Outlook Monitor. That is the only feature I truly miss. I could care less about stand a lone tuning!

I agree! Stand alone tuning would be awesome for the racer but for the daily drivers (which are most of the people I know) a DSP option is what they want. I know alot of people that tuned with EFI in their LB7 and LLY models that are staying away from EFI in their LBZ and LLM'S until this happens.
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

Quote Originally Posted by LBZ
    I agree! Stand alone tuning would be awesome for the racer but for the daily drivers (which are most of the people I know) a DSP option is what they want. I know alot of people that tuned with EFI in their LB7 and LLY models that are staying away from EFI in their LBZ and LLM'S until this happens.
    I don't really know what to say to that other than the work involved in creating switchable tunes is rather large. EFILive is also trying to cater for two markets, Diesel and Gas, we know that the Diesel guys could not really care about a new timing table added to an LS7 tune nor could the gas guys care about a new Diesel boost table. I can tell you this based on the sort of Emails we get about the status of things like LBZ DSP O.S's and on the reverse about certains gas motors.

I am still of the opinion that getting EFILive for an LBZ is still probably your best option if you want to do some serious tuning, if your main concern is to be able to switch power levels on the fly then perhaps right now EFILive is not the best option.

Cheers,
    Ross

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast