Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Position Switchable Tune .. Will this ever be available for LBZ???

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    I don't really know what to say to that other than the work involved in creating switchable tunes is rather large. EFILive is also trying to cater for two markets, Diesel and Gas, we know that the Diesel guys could not really care about a new timing table added to an LS7 tune nor could the gas guys care about a new Diesel boost table. I can tell you this based on the sort of Emails we get about the status of things like LBZ DSP O.S's and on the reverse about certains gas motors.

I am still of the opinion that getting EFILive for an LBZ is still probably your best option if you want to do some serious tuning, if your main concern is to be able to switch power levels on the fly then perhaps right now EFILive is not the best option.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I wish I would have had it explained to me like that before I purchased EFI Live. I dont regret the purchase, but perhaps I would have kept my Triple dog and waited until you offered switchable tunes before I took the loss in selling my Triple dog. Please dont take this personal, as I would hate to have your job and I apreciate all updates you are working on. If, in the future you need any testing done with switchable tunes let me know! I would like nothing more than to help out in the developement of this

Even a 3 pos DSP would make my day!!
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

Quote Originally Posted by LBZ
    Even a 3 pos DSP would make my day!!
    I would be tickled with 2 tunes

Yep, starting with two would be nice. I need a tow friendly and my high HP play tune.
    07 3500, CC, DRW, LB, 4x4, 486RWHP/909Tq LBZ, McRat EFI Live, SC IV trans (1057), Cogs, sleeves, blocked no finger, PPE race valve, KD dual lift pumps, TxC Fan Damn. 5,000 lb 2004 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper, 06 Stingray Powerboat 230LX, 23ft, 350 CDI/300hp. Colorado Springs.

I never did get the DSP-5 put in my LLY but the two tune was nice.
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

Lifetime Member

I guess I just don't see how loading a new tune is so difficult that I would have to have DSP. Don't get me wrong, It would be a nice feature, but I leave mine turned up most of the time anyway. The only time it isn't is if I'm towing, and it just takes a few minutes to reflash. Stand alone programing and scanning would make it much easier since I wouldn't have to have the laptop with me or wait on it to boot up to flash. I could just plug in my EFI cable and be ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH
    I guess I just don't see how loading a new tune is so difficult that I would have to have DSP. Don't get me wrong, It would be a nice feature, but I leave mine turned up most of the time anyway. The only time it isn't is if I'm towing, and it just takes a few minutes to reflash. Stand alone programing and scanning would make it much easier since I wouldn't have to have the laptop with me or wait on it to boot up to flash. I could just plug in my EFI cable and be ready to go.
    Have you ever tried on the fly switching? I work for a company that builds and sales luxury buses and trailers, I tow all the time and do a lot of city driving empty. Just turning the dial sure is nice when you got a tow tune in and pull to the light beside a ricer, or even better, a power joke and dont have to reprogram.

Lifetime Member

Yeah, I ran the Edge for about 6 months before I got EFI. I don't miss it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH
    Yeah, I ran the Edge for about 6 months before I got EFI. I don't miss it one bit.
    Nevermind.

I would rather build 5 solid tunes from mild to a really randy race tune, load them all and be done with it. Then work on the tunes I have one at a time improving as I go. Convenience for myself and for customers who have to pay everytime a reflash is needed is what I am talking about.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast