Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Position Switchable Tune .. Will this ever be available for LBZ???

I am just glad EFIlive came out with software for the LBZ, orginally it was never going to happen. At this point if they come out with DSPx, Awsome, I do like the DSP5, but would never think of going to anything else just because of not having it.

Thanks Cobra#3747,

One of the major issues with the LBZ ECM is the PowerPC CPU it uses, the way PowerPC code works it is very hard to alter things unless you can completely recompile the code (which only Bosch could do). The LB7/LLY ECM is a dream to work with in this aspect.
    With the LBZ it also has two areas of memory, external flash and flash memory within the CPU, to do a custom O.S we would need to reflash both the external flash and internal flash, currently we can only get access to this via the CPU's debug port (which involves removing the back cover), so that is obviously not an option for our customers.

Again, I won't say it's never going to happen but there is a lot of work involved to make it happen and as always we have a very full R&D plate already.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Thanks Cobra#3747,

One of the major issues with the LBZ ECM is the PowerPC CPU it uses, the way PowerPC code works it is very hard to alter things unless you can completely recompile the code (which only Bosch could do). The LB7/LLY ECM is a dream to work with in this aspect.
    With the LBZ it also has two areas of memory, external flash and flash memory within the CPU, to do a custom O.S we would need to reflash both the external flash and internal flash, currently we can only get access to this via the CPU's debug port (which involves removing the back cover), so that is obviously not an option for our customers.

Again, I won't say it's never going to happen but there is a lot of work involved to make it happen and as always we have a very full R&D plate already.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I have no problem removing the cover!! Whatever it takes.

I got a hacksaw in hand just tell me where to cut!!

Seriously though, I appreciate all the hard work everyone at EFI does to get their customers what they need for tuning upgrades and support. I trust you guys will figure it out. You always do!!!
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

bring back to top.....

anything else been done with this.

I'd like an update also. Thanks.
    07 3500, CC, DRW, LB, 4x4, 486RWHP/909Tq LBZ, McRat EFI Live, SC IV trans (1057), Cogs, sleeves, blocked no finger, PPE race valve, KD dual lift pumps, TxC Fan Damn. 5,000 lb 2004 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper, 06 Stingray Powerboat 230LX, 23ft, 350 CDI/300hp. Colorado Springs.

Last I read, they have not even started looking into adding the switch on a serious level yet. Other updates are higher ranked right now, such as the defuel issue, rpm limit ect...

Defuel, aaa yes, needs to be fixed. So does stand alone tuning wiht the black box without my PC. That would be convienent.
    07 3500, CC, DRW, LB, 4x4, 486RWHP/909Tq LBZ, McRat EFI Live, SC IV trans (1057), Cogs, sleeves, blocked no finger, PPE race valve, KD dual lift pumps, TxC Fan Damn. 5,000 lb 2004 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper, 06 Stingray Powerboat 230LX, 23ft, 350 CDI/300hp. Colorado Springs.

Any word yet if we will ever get DSP for the LBZ??
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

Bump.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast