Thread: Computer damage

Default Computer damage

Hey guys tell me if this can happen. I've been tuning the car good thanks to you guys. But I've seen that the car will run great for a day or two then slowly starts to go back to bad. It has done this more then once, I refash it and the same thing.

Due to the guy that owned the car before me, the computer has been sent off several times to diffenet people (14,000 mile flights) for tuning, it has had a few handhelds on it by mostly mustang guys and so on, because the guy was to cheap and lazy to buy EFI live.

Is it possiable that during all of this the computer has been damaged, so the memory in it is not playing nice?

What do you guys like about the "road runner set up" I'm think it might make thing easier.

Thanks again
    Gary

Are you running open loop, if not maybe its your LTFT degrading over time.
    2005 CTS-V w/tuner wannabe driver

The memory etc in the PCM should be fine otherwise you would get flash/read errors as the checksums etc. wouldn't match.

After you perform a flash operation the learned data is cleared and that process starts again. It is possible that as the car is given time to learn that it learns bad.

What is it that you are finding going bad about the car/tune?

The RoadRunner is an awesome setup!!! It makes tuning easier, quicker (and all those other good words ending in er ).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    After you perform a flash operation the learned data is cleared and that process starts again. It is possible that as the car is given time to learn that it learns bad.
    Very good point Tordne,
    I've had a few of these cars that would learn their self stupid!
    I'm old and Retired! I used to go fast. I don't go so fast anymore ...but, my cars still do!

Sounds like a good candiate for converting to OLSD...

Currently running in CLSD, the problem is that when th ecar is cold it has a bas hunting and surging, and feels like a strain on the car. It idles good after it grabs it self from the surge. I guess the problem is some where in the VEtable or the idle and/or both. If I get the AFR close 13.6 to 14.6 the car feels like it has no power.

I have seen several things on IAC steps and I hear that 80 is good for a hot idle. Mine is like 130. Please correct if wrong. the higher the IAC the more air going thought the idle part of throttle body, the lower number the less. Where do I against the setting on EFI Live tune? I really do not won't to drill the brand new Holley 90mm plate unless I have to.

I'll give OLSD a try. Thank again guys