Thread: How to get the best of both worlds

Default How to get the best of both worlds

I am new to this list. I got here searching for a way to get the best of both worlds ( for me, anyway). How can I have both the Suncoast 5-6 speed conversion, AND still keep the programmability of the ECU and TCU?

95% of the time, I want lower rpm at cruise, and maximum fuel economy, with earlier upshift and TC lockup. Of course, I still am looking for the option of added performance when I want it.

The problem I am hoping someone has an answer for is how to work around the locked TCU that comes with the 5-6 speed valve body. Obviously, the TCU is a critical part of the conversion.

Regards.
    2005 Duramax/Allison powered Yukon XL

You'd need to have Suncoast do the TCM modifications for you on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by WCH
    The problem I am hoping someone has an answer for is how to work around the locked TCU that comes with the 5-6 speed valve body. Obviously, the TCU is a critical part of the conversion.

Regards.
    There is no work around the locking, it's pretty tight.
    I am not sure on the price for the conversion, but, appreciate someone has spent a lot of time and money to develop it, they deserve some rewards.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    There is no work around the locking, it's pretty tight.
    I am not sure on the price for the conversion, but, appreciate someone has spent a lot of time and money to develop it, they deserve some rewards.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I'm not quibbling with their development and their right to get paid. Like most people who mess with this stuff, I have my own preferences for settings, and am looking for the best way to get them. Whoever can do that best for my needs gets the $$. If Suncoast can get me the 6-speed and still allow me flexibility with my trans settings, that is what I am looking for. If that were clear, Id have probably sent them the $$ already.
    2005 Duramax/Allison powered Yukon XL

how does suncoast lock the TCM's? With EFILive?
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

No comment
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.