Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't see the Roadrunner when I attempt to connect via EFILive

Christopher, have you set up a virtual com port in efilive for the RR. Also have you read this on Craigs site for setting up your RR. http://www.moates.net/roadrunner/livestart.htm.
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

I had a similar issue yesterday when starting with a roadrunner and the problems was that the Bluetooth capability in the laptop was mucking up the com port functioning. I changed com ports to a lower number in my Hardware Devices manager for roadrunner and everything started working fine.
    Oztrack
    EFILive Tuning Consultant

Worldwide Remote Tuning Service

2006 NSW Super Street Drag Racing Champion

www.oztrack.com.au

First, I wanna thank EVERYONE for all the support that you are offering

Moreover I applaud everyone's patience and tolerance for my demeanor; I'm sounding extremely difficult to say the least as a result of my frustration.

I had the Terminator plugged in correctly as well as the usb communication cable.

I haven't continued my endeavor as of yet because my Wife has been feeling ill; it got reeeeeeally cold, relatively speaking for S. Fl., last night

So She comes first.

I'll try to resolve all the remaining issues utilizing all of your suggestions, including the PM'S I've received, tomorrow.

On a sidenote, OZTracktuning, I get over 30 mpg highway at speeds above 80 in 6th Not too shabby for dinosaur Edit tuning with an MS4, LS6 Heads, FAST 90/90, and Kooks 1 7/8"

Chad, nice tutorial.

Hello Christopher,
    Sorry to hear about all of your troubles. First things first...What wideband have you been using for the last six years with Edit? I mean if you have this MS4 beast tuned to get over 30mpg surely you had some success with some other brand of wideband?

You also said you could not get the LM-1 programmer to work? So I take it you have not been able to talk to the LC-1s controller via a serial to USB converter? Which brand of converter are you using?

How do you have the "calibration" wire for the LC-1 hooked up? Irregardless, you have to be able to program the LC-1's controller first so let's knock that out first.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Lightbulb

I followed that detailed tutorial, accessed my current tune which is saved on the Desktop, and reached the point where I pressed the following button under the Roadrunner display panel:

"Program Roadrunner PCM with operating system and calibrations."

I'll know if it loaded later today when I install the Roadrunner; but I'm very confident that it was successful.

THANK YOU!

Doc:

I used to have the time to spend hours upon hours . . . upon HOURS of meticulous and TEDIOUS logging and tuning with my Car (I used to be an obssessive-compulsive MANIAC with tuning my car).

After I got it "tuned," I got bored and just decided to squeeze as much mpg efficiency as possible out of my set-up; since my WOT A/F and part-throttle driving "side-effects" were resolved (Devon, LoudmouthLS1, can attest to the excellent manerisms my car exhibits considering the set-up and lack of a wideband).

Doing such redundant and time-consuming logging and tuning, for lack of a better word, SUCKED

I was using a Keyspan USB-to-Serial adapter prior to the recommendations made in this thread and via PM.

I will attempt to use one of the 2 adapters I've obtained via recommendations.

Through careful instruction from Jesse, Wait4me, over the phone we attempted to calibrate the LC-1 using the Terminator plug in the Out AND In female ports . . . just to see if something were amiss from the factory mechanically.

We could not pass the "no serial port detected" prompt.

Which brings us back to the USB/Serial port adapters that sit before me on my living room table

Later today, I will make yet another attempt at programming this irksome Wideband

Nevertheless, progress HAS BEEN MADE . . . and in spades!!!

I know it's getting old reading it . . . but . . .

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Christopher

Glad to see it worked out for you.

Hey noproblemo,
    Sounds like you are on the right path...do you have access to another laptop\pc to get the lc-1 handshake done?

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Hey noproblemo,
    Sounds like you are on the right path...do you have access to another laptop\pc to get the lc-1 handshake done?
    Yes, a laptop/PC with a serial port.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast