Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RTACS in action

Thumbs up RTACS in action

Public release for RTACS is getting very close. If anyone was sitting on the fence deciding if they need a Road Runner or not, here's proof how much of a time saver this is going to be for tuners.

This car is running full open loop with no MAF, before the test the VE table values were purposely altered so the commanded AFR did not match the actual AFR measured by the WBO2.

All I did was hold the throttle at a steady spot to maintain consistent RPM and MAP readings.
    With the messed up VE table numbers the engine at that RPM and load was measuring about 14.1 - 14.2 AFR when we were commanding 14.6.

So, get the scantool running, connect to RoadRunner, turn on RTACS mode and here is the result -

RTACS is turned on where the RED circle is and instantly auto adjustments are made to the VE table via RoadRunner to get the AFR correct. The yellow trace shows the Wide Band O2 sensor AFR trends.

With Realtime VE adjustments made by RoadRunner with RTACS, we now have a corrected VE table value to give us matching AFR's.

Note: This was done on a 2.2GHz P4 laptop with zero lag or delays. We will be recommending a minimum of a 1.5GHz CPU for this system.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by GMPX; January 30th, 2007 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Added comment about PC CPU speeds
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It is VERY AWESOME. You all will love this!!!
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I'm itchin' over here!!!

When can us second class users play???

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

We need to get the beta testers to provide some feedback at this point...

I believe it is looking like a week or two before it is public, and probably a couple of months before we let you have it Howard

Trust us when we say there has been a lot of hours put into this so far, and the results are totally worth the wait!
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Oooh, this sounds good. Er, what is it?
    2004 Monaro CV8 - 80mm BBK throttle body - 42lb Injectors - 1.8 Rockers - CAPA Long-Tube Headers- SLP Exhaust - Vortech Centrifugal S/C @ 7PSI- CAPA Intercooler - Bilstein Shocks - Wilwood 6-Pot/4-Pot Brakes - TyreWatch Monitoring - LC-1 Wideband - KAAZ Diff - Racelogic - 480RWHP

How does it tackle interpolation?

Quote Originally Posted by NAH
    Oooh, this sounds good. Er, what is it?
    It's a feature in the EFILive software that adjusts in real-time whichever table you specify using the Road Runner PCM (i.e... as you drive, without requiring any intervention from you).

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    How does it tackle interpolation?
    It doesn't directly. But it also doesn't apply the whole change each sample. It has Fine/Course control which applies a proportion of the correction to prevent overshoot in any direction.

I have been using it a lot in testing and the results are excellent, table looked pretty reasonable as well
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

So cool, too bad Ill probably never use this feature (unless the LL8 gets a RoadRunner PCM or I get a TrailBlazer SS with the LS2...).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

oh dear God.....

This is almost as good as having Ross show up at my house to tune my truck for me personally. Chad, as soon as this is released, you will be getting another Email from me. Tax returns are on thier way, and I know where part of it is going..
    2014 GMC 2500HD RCLB SLE
    LML / Allison

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast