Thread: I just wanted to thank everyone on here for all the help!!!!

Default I just wanted to thank everyone on here for all the help!!!!

I've finally got the car tuned in pretty good, i'm sure it's not perfect, but it's doin fairly well, I took it to the dyno last night to finish up the wot tune, i've got the idle awesome, just havin a problem with my throttle body sticking which nick williams is going to fix, cuz after the car warms up and I get on it, the tps % won't come down under 1.6% and then it starts idling funky. So anyways, i've got it pretty close, I set the pe vs rpm table to 12.9 and was dialing in the maf to reach that and by the last run the ben factors were all .99 - 1.02 and it was holding between 12.8 - 13.2, lterms at 0%, had the timing @ 27 degrees, and no knock retard.

The car is running around town awesome, never idled or driven this smooth before!!!

So anyways, I really don't go by dyno numbers, but with the stock intake/ported tb on the same dyno as last night with ls1edit/autotap tuning she put down 421 rwhp SAE corrected, last night with the 90/90 and efilive/wideband tuning, she put down 460 SAE corrected, the actual was 478 and the STD was 473, I have the STD graph here, don't have the others cuz the printer ran out of ink, but the curve was so smooth, never seen it that smooth on my car, and that's with 0 smoothing effect too!!! And it peaked at about 5650 rpm and held pretty much all the way to 7000 where I let off, it just started to dip a little before 7000 (graph is in mph, for some reason any dyno i've ever had my car on loses tach signal at about 5800 rpm and they always have to give me my graph in mph, don't know what's up with that). All in all i'm really happy, the car is idling awesome, crusing awesome, and running awesome!!!

One question I have though, all the dyno pulls were in third gear (1:1 on the t400), will the maf hz # that i'm in at wot change in different gears, like do I need to make a few motor passes and finish dialing in the maf table before I spray the car on Friday or is everything set now? Also, she's idling anywhere between high 14's a/f and high 15's a/f, that's not too lean right, I found that and 18 degrees timing is what she likes for idle, I originally had it at like 29 - 30 degrees and it didn't like it at all, she liked a lot less timing!

Oh and one more problem, for some reason I throw these two weird codes ever since puttin the '02 operating system in and they cause the ses light to flash for a little while every now and then, anyone know how to fix that?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dyno.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	1293  
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Congrats Devon! What weird codes?

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Congrats Devon! What weird codes?
    Thanks dude, the codes are U1000 - Class 2 Data Link
    and C0245 - EBCM Control Valve Circuit
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Glad to see things worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Black02SS
    Glad to see things worked out for you.
    Thanks Chad, any ideas though about the ses blinking, I know you said those codes won't trip the light, but they're the only codes being thrown.
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
    Thanks Chad, any ideas though about the ses blinking, I know you said those codes won't trip the light, but they're the only codes being thrown.
    As far as I know, the SES light blinking is a sign of misfires occuring. Has it occured while you were making a log? If you're able to repeat it, make a log with each of the cylinder misfire PIDs selected.

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin
    As far as I know, the SES light blinking is a sign of misfires occuring. Has it occured while you were making a log? If you're able to repeat it, make a log with each of the cylinder misfire PIDs selected.
    Never happened before I put the '02 operating system in, and I have my misfire code shutoff since I have a big bumpstick in there.
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

On the calibration\VIN page\tab is the correct VIN displayed? I had\have witness some wierdness like this with my RR and for whatever reason it seemed like everytime that happened I noticed the VIN was all 0's. Upon finally getting the VIN in the cal\OS the codes never came back.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Congrats on getting it dialed in!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino79
    Congrats on getting it dialed in!!!!
    No, I don't think it has my correct vin, i'll check in a little, finishing up some last minute things (plug/oil change and puttin the slicks on and the car on the trailer) before goin racing tomorrow. If it's not correct, how do I change it back to my vin?
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150