Thread: Please help me with my idle(EFILog Included)

Default Please help me with my idle(EFILog Included)

I am at a loss to be honest with you. It's currently at 825 desired idle and it never stalls when driving around.Today I tried working with the idle to get it down to around 650-700 rpms. Right now it is working pretty good with little surging, but here are my problems:

When I first crank the truck, it goes down to about 300rmps and wants to die(but doesn't) for about 3 seconds then it goes up to desired idle nad everything is fine. I'm not sure what to change for this so please let me know.

Second problem is when my truck wants to die after reving. Mostly commonly it's backing up or even in park when I rev it to about 2000 rpms when it comes down it wants to die.

I have played a ton with the desired airflow. I'm sure it's way too high right now because it's up about 50% from stock, but I'm at a loss. Here are my current air flow numbers. My throttle cracker is set to activate and deactivate at 11 and 11 so I'm not sure it that should be changed.

B4307
    Drive

Park

Here is a log file of my idle. Please help me out if you can. I can do a new log if I didn't include the right PID's. Thanks,
    Mark

P.S. I've done plenty of searches and all the info I have gathered has brought me to this point, but I can't get rid of this problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Could you please post your year, model, and modifications of your vehicle. Could you post your tune as well. In the meantime do a search on RAFIG, RAFPN which stands for running airflow in gear, park neutral.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Could you please post your year, model, and modifications of your vehicle. Could you post your tune as well. In the meantime do a search on RAFIG, RAFPN which stands for running airflow in gear, park neutral.
    Ah yes I forgot some of the most basic stuff.
    1999 chevy silverado 5.3L
    tr224 cam

pretty much stock other than exhaust, intake, cats and EFI Live.

Also on the RAFIG and RAFPN, I don't know why in the hell I forgot to log those. I know they're supposed to be as close to zero as possible but that's the extent of my knowledge. I'll keep working and post a new log if I get a chance tommorow.

You'll get it, Desired Airflow won't be bad to do.

rather than make a new thread, I have another problem to address.

My truck is idling great. Thanks to everyone on here. I've logged the rafig and rafpn and i'm running some crazy numbers for the desired idle air flow(around 5.30, stock was near 2.0). I hope that is right and I'm not messing something up

Here are my 2 new problems to address
    1.) When the truck first starts up, it climbs to almost 2000 rpms until is slowly comes down. Ones it falls down to desired idle it doesn't jump hardly at all(no more than 50 rpms). Is this normal?

2.) When switching from park to drive, the rpms jump up when I'm switching gears and it jurks the truck forward something awful. How do I get the rpms to stay low so when I shift from park to drive I won't get this horrible jolt?

Thanks in advance.

Check B4343 for the startup rpm thing - and the decay rates. Not sure about the Auto thing :sad: Is there much difference between the Base P/N and In Ger Spark tables?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    Check B4343 for the startup rpm thing - and the decay rates. Not sure about the Auto thing :sad: Is there much difference between the Base P/N and In Ger Spark tables?
    I'll work on b4343 tommorow, and my base p/n and in gear spark tables are EXACTLY same.

It's frustrating to search through all the previous "get my car to idle" threads and get one problem fixed only to find another .

ok well I've been working on this for 3 hours now and I can't figure it out. I have my rafig and rafpn down to .03 which makes the truck idle amazing. I cannot for the life of me figure on the reason why it starts to high. When I start it up now it climbs to 3000 rpms!!! then it stays there for about 5 seconds and falls back down.

I've tried zeroing out b4343 without much luck. Can anyone give me some more ideas?