Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: e38 suport

Lifetime Member

Default e38 suport

ross, paul help any idea when the e38 will be suported.i have 2 very big jobs that need done at the end of the month (feb.) with e38 pcms. taking new suburbans and up grading motors to 408 and if they go well may get 30 to 200 more this is a major acount that i cant put off please tell me you are going to release the e38 with in next 2 weeks. you guys rock ,efilive rocks,i rather take a beating then use some other tuning software i know you are busy same way here. i hook up and engine dyno 4 to 8 motors a week,grind cranks and polish for 5 engine bulders also that week 8 to 10 hours a day then tune some times 3 to 5 hours a day and work 95% of my weekends and holidays but all pays off when you do stuff like win the 2006 engine masters challenge like we did this year.nothing like making the best tuning software in the world .i know you can only do so much just trying to plan what i need to do
    thanks again for they a great product rich

Lifetime Member

Default spell check

you think i would read my post befor posting sorry slopy post

Rich, sorry mate, E38 support won't be out in the next 2 weeks.
    But you know when it does, it will be thorough, complete and will offer all the functionality our Gen-IV E40 software does. Myself and Paul are probably our own worst enemies when it comes to 'ready for release' decisions, but that is how we work.
    We knew Gen-IV tuners had been pleading for a locking method for the E40 ECM for sometime, there was no way we were going to release our Gen-IV E40 software without a good solid locking system. Same will be for the E38/E67, it will have plenty of tables and parameters just like our first E40 release had over 600!

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Default e38

yeah thats why i like your stuff very confident in it you guys are very good at having your release 110 %.i have a work shop and understand the conditions of beta testing if you need a beta tester that would be loyal and give good feed back i am more then willing to do that.i am good at finding weak points seems like and the e 38 ecm is on crate engine depot.com for 295 willing to take the risk with no negitive feed back to efi live because understanding beta testing stuff can happen. sorry if i seem pushy i just dont want to try other software would rather help efilive even if its buying couple e38 computers for testing thanks again rich

Congrats on winning engine masters mate.
    Nice job.

PS: There are loads of Holden owners who would love the E38 support too. Always someone waiting for something somewhere..
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Lifetime Member

Default thanks ringram

thinks ringram do you know john from chi we used his heads he is from over in your part of the world i think.yeah i know just in a bad bind this is a customer who could bring me over 200 jobs a year thanks agin ringram

yes as Blacky and GMPX know im still waiting, got a vz l76 with my old t-trim on it, ready to go been awaiting a few weeks now, just need the software, and try and make it sooner as the customer keeps on getting me to do more mods to the car.....

I know u guys are working extreamly hard on it to get it done, but its like being a kid, waiting for a new toy........

ive told the customer to wait, as i couldnt down grade myself to use vcm suite.....

all we need now is moates to come on board and release the road runner for e38's, Then efilive will be completly untouchable......

If Blacky and GMPX are reading this post, stop reading, and get back into final testing guys......... Just joking. U can pm me with a approx date so i can just let the customer know would be greatly appreaciated.

I think its getting nearer based on recent comments in the beta forum. Just hang tight guys.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Can Flashscan log the E38 PCM at the moment? I've read of someone doing it but they might have a beta version.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carneb
    Can Flashscan log the E38 PCM at the moment? I've read of someone doing it but they might have a beta version.
    Yes, although we have not validated the enhanced PIDs for it yet.
    The LS2 E38 controller uses the more powerful and faster PowerPC processor and can spit back data at up to 40fps, unlike the LS1, and LS2 E40 PCMs which can only spit back data at 10fps.

Note: at 40fps you'll need a fairly fast laptop to keep up. My 2.8GHz sits at around 80% CPU usage when logging at 40fps.

When you connect to the E38, for now just select the E40 controller option.

Once the E38 tune tool is released we will have validated the enhanced PIDs to make sure they are correct for the E38.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast