Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't see the Roadrunner when I attempt to connect via EFILive

Unhappy Can't see the Roadrunner when I attempt to connect via EFILive

Just to give a brief background:

I recently decided to switch from LS1Edit to EFI/RR after almost 6 years of tuning with Edit. I've already posted the MANY problems I've had with my EFILive, Wideband O2 Sensor, and my RR on LS1Tech. Jesse of Wait4me has attempted to assist me repeatedly with various issues to no avail at present.

Just ONE of my issues has to do with my difficulty with Registration (I won't even get INTO the joke-of-a Wideband the LC-1 and Innovative's "tech-support" has been )

Could someone walk me through step-by-step and tell me EXACTLY what icon I'm supposed to click to COMPLETE my EFILive registration?

So far I've had the Roadrunner for over a week and it's been nothing but a nightmare of software issues just to try and ACCESS the RR, Wideband, non-Demo, etc.

Does the RR NEED to be connected to the vehicle in order to upload tunes? I have it connected to my HP via the USB-port and HOPED I could at LEAST get my current tune loaded so as to show SOME kind of progress; this, as it turns out, was wishful thinking. After I click connect, the RR display says no device connected.

My experience with the EFI/RR/LC-1 thus far has been very disappointing especially when one considers the not-so-inconsiderable money spent on said tuning hardware/software.

Any assistance that can rectify these serious issues is very appreciated; otherwise I'll be forced to return everything to Jesse. No sense in having any of it if I can't use it.

Again, it's been a BEYOND ridiculously frustrating experience thus far.

Christopher
    Christopher's -10cc Alum 6.6L '01 T/A FIREHAWK Recaro Topline Leather/Suede Seats

Ported L92 Heads, Custom Cam, L76, F.A.S.T. 90TB, 104Lid, CLSD, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped 2", 3" True Dual X-pipe over-the-axle, 3.90 gears, Tubular K, Upper/Lower tubular A-arms, full UMI suspension, etc.

Brenda and Her Custom Red/Black '01 WS6 Performabuilt stalled A4, Custom Cam, Kooks 1 7/8", 3:42, lid/K&N, Loudmouth, Full Custom Interior, Playboy Package.

Lightbulb

I did the Registration . . . FINALLY.

The only problem resolved has been the non-Demo mode; still have RR communication and LC-1 calibration issues :(

sorry to hear ur having dramas, have u used the search button, and read through the tutorials and the stickies, id start of here.

Also referals if u cant work it out from there, pm Blacky, Thorde or GMPX (sorry fellas more pm's for u to answer) But hey when i finally meet u guys its my shout

So registration is worked out then.

what exactly is the problem ur having.

Can't calibrate the Wideband. It is powered and working; tech support said "try using another laptop . . . or you'll have to send it in for our engineer to look at it."

If I would have educated myself about widebands before purchasing from Jesse I would have neeeeeeeeeeever got this one.

I've been trying to connect to the RR sitting on the couch; not installed in the vehicle.

It says that no RR detected.

I tried a couple of searches but I haven't perused many threads yet.

Does the RR NEED to be installed in the vehicle in order for my EFI/RR display to SEE it??

I just want to get SOMETHING done.

have u licenced the road runner?

have u installed drivers for the road runner?

the wideband only works through the scan tool section, where it plugs into either v1 or v2. and then u have to select and validate pids. and it will be displayed.

yes the road runner u can connect to when the pcm is out of the car.

If uve done both of the above

try these threads champ. i personally havnt got a lc1 ive got a lm1 with all the adaptors etc...

road runner drivers
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3928

wideband connection
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=564

at least start with these.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1
    have u licenced the road runner?

have u installed drivers for the road runner?

the wideband only works through the scan tool section, where it plugs into either v1 or v2. and then u have to select and validate pids. and it will be displayed.

yes the road runner u can connect to when the pcm is out of the car.

If uve done both of the above
    The Wideband works, is powered, and is metering. All of this shows on EFILive when the PIN connector is plugged into the side of the box.

It (the LC-1) needs to be calibrated as I stated earlier and as mentioned in the literature shipped with the product.

We haven't been able to communicate with the Wideband through LM1 Programmer with 2 different laptops for unknown reasons; even Innovative, manufacturer for said Wideband, was unable to provide any meaningful assistance.

I didn't do research on Widebands, or the EFILive/RR for that matter, before I purchased the products; my mistake.

I normally put in the research before purchases, but I bought into all the internet "hype" of plug-and-play and "user-friendly;" again, my mistake :(

I'll look at the drivers link and get either Jesse or Chad on the phone later today to make a final attempt at resolving these issues.

I know the EFI/RR is light-years ahead of Edit; but with Edit it WAS just plug-and-play. Sacrifices must be made I guess for "better" tuning-software.

Christopher

Christopher,

I can't personally help you with the LC-1, but I can help you with any EFILive/RoadRunner related issues you may still have.

It is best done via IM (MSN, Yahoo, Skype etc.)

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Christopher, I'm sure Andrew will sort you out with the RoadRunner. One thing I've not seen on a few occasions is Windows assigns the virtual com port for RoadRunner to some insane number like COM13, you can go in and change that is the System properties area in Windows. Drop it to below 10. This is all assuming the USB drivers etc are installed correctly, usually if you hear the Windows 'ding dong' sound when you plug the USB plug from Road Runner in then the drivers are installed O.K.

As for the LC1, sorry but I have no experience with that WBO2, but many people use it with no problems, so I guess live in hope that it will be resolved soon for you.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Christopher,

Have you plugged in the terminator plug in the SERIAL IN cable, and the 9-pin D adapter on the SERIAL OUT...?

Joe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast