Thread: e38 pcm

Lifetime Member

Default e38 pcm

does anyone know if the scaning and logging works on the e38 pcm.was thinking it doesnt. then i was thinking if you pick e40 in the scan maybe it would being there both ls2 type or can not sure if that what they are called but there is probly some differant pids that might be a problem so just guessing

Good question. I made a quick scan of mine and it appeared to function. I wasn't trying to make a real run, just confirm that my cable was working (it scolded me for no cable). I got data coming out. I'd like to get a confirmation that I can at LEAST scan my car and that the data coming out is accurate.

Elmer
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

Lifetime Member

what do you mean it scolded me for no cable because you had no computer hooked did you get a err message or some thing

Quote Originally Posted by 69camaro5speed
    what do you mean it scolded me for no cable because you had no computer hooked did you get a err message or some thing
    Well, it first said Error, I can't find the cable. I clicked on "Status" and it was happy to see the cable. I then tried to download the engine tune and it told me "Locked" and thats where I'm at now. I understand the "tune" part is being worked on, I simply wondered if the scan part was ok to use. Read codes and maybe clear them.

Elmer

Lifetime Member

i tryed scaning today some stuff looked ok some not i am sure that pcm works differant other wise the release would be out all ready

OK, I guess I go back into patiently waiting mode. No big deal. I bought the Skip Shift plug and goot it today. I'll get it on the car and work around not being able to kill it with a tune.

Thanks for looking,

Elmer