Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally - new REAL CARS from GM! Pontiac G8 arrives in August!

Default Finally - new REAL CARS from GM! Pontiac G8 arrives in August!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/02/06/2008-pontiac-g8/

"The sedan rides on GM's new Zeta rear-wheel-drive platform, which underpins the 2009 Camaro and the next-generation Impala, in addition to several other planned vehicles..."

OK! Let's hope the "oil burners" can accept a small delay in August updates while Paul and Ross delve into this one!
    Early EFILive V5 user - Upgraded from AutoTap for DOS!
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, A4 - For occasional day trips...
    1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - For the family...
    1989 Honda VTR250 - For me and me only...

I believe this is in fact an exported VE Holden Commodore . Pretty sure I've read that somewhere.

I believe this uses the E38 controller which is due out shortly, so should be fine for the release of this vehicle
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

That sure is our current Commodore, lets hope it is welcomed a little better than the GTO was.
    http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...ry?vehicleid=4

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Looks nice but it is a bit plump @ 3,800 lbs. Has the LS2 block, L92 heads and L76 90mm intake so it is going to love a cam. 500 FW is going to be just the beginning of its potential.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    That sure is our current Commodore, lets hope it is welcomed a little better than the GTO was.
    http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...ry?vehicleid=4
    Cheers,
    Ross
    The GTO was way overpriced ($38K) had no trunk (boot) space and no sunroof option. Plus it was poorly marketed and well, was sort of Toyota looking...

you can only pimp up grand prix styling so much... pontiac really needs to get a clue. it's like they have two brain cells that are working hard to multiply; unfortunately they're both male...
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Quote Originally Posted by SS2win
    you can only pimp up grand prix styling so much... pontiac really needs to get a clue. it's like they have two brain cells that are working hard to multiply; unfortunately they're both male...
    I must be old, but "pimp-up" brings to mind a RWD Cadillac with wire wheels, curb feelers, fog lamps, leopard skin interior and JC Whitney stick on chrome thingies, along with an overdressed minority male attempting to drive while stoned and a vapid underage victim in the passenger seat.

And the GP in this era was a wrong wheel drive fleet car, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by emarkay
    I must be old, but "pimp-up" brings to mind a RWD Cadillac with wire wheels, curb feelers, fog lamps, leopard skin interior and JC Whitney stick on chrome thingies, along with an overdressed minority male attempting to drive while stoned and a vapid underage victim in the passenger seat.

And the GP in this era was a wrong wheel drive fleet car, wasn't it?
    Yeah, you must be old cause I have a perfect mental picture.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by emarkay
    The GTO was way overpriced ($38K) had no trunk (boot) space and no sunroof option. Plus it was poorly marketed and well, was sort of Toyota looking...
    O.K, so having owned an F-body before I must say the GTO trunk space for a 2 door was exceptional in comparison. BUT, before I hold myself to that claim, I know Holden had to move the fuel tank to meet US rear end crash standards (thanks FORD), so maybe your local version was worse than out here?
    Either way, think yourselves lucky that GM is even bothering to offer a RWD V8 4 door. That's one thing you can give the Germans some credit for, none of their 4 doors are FWD.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

if pontiac could have resisted the impusle to make it look like "one of the family", I'd be more pleased..
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast