Thread: Don't want a war, but need some info

Default Don't want a war, but need some info

I have a potential buyer for my Edge J/A. Will be buying EFI for my LBZ next. I'd like a few tunes to start with. I'm used to having 6 on the fly with E/A setup. I have found two people that seem to have really good customer service and the same price, Kennedy Diesel and McRat. Its Sunday and haven't talked to either. I'm wondering which will offer more tunes for the LBZ. Seems both are LLY/LB7 experts. I know McRat offers one free tune with his, but I don't know what it is hp/tq wise. Anyone know? I'd post on McRat's site, but guess everyone there would be biased towards him. Both are spoke of highly on DieselPlace forums. Just looking for best LBZ support. Seems like $750 is the going price for Flash and tune.

The 749 is the cost of the FlashScan V2 Scan and Tune, so the tune is free. Pretty good really
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by serpa4
    I have a potential buyer for my Edge J/A. Will be buying EFI for my LBZ next. I'd like a few tunes to start with. I'm used to having 6 on the fly with E/A setup. I have found two people that seem to have really good customer service and the same price, Kennedy Diesel and McRat. Its Sunday and haven't talked to either. I'm wondering which will offer more tunes for the LBZ. Seems both are LLY/LB7 experts. I know McRat offers one free tune with his, but I don't know what it is hp/tq wise. Anyone know? I'd post on McRat's site, but guess everyone there would be biased towards him. Both are spoke of highly on DieselPlace forums. Just looking for best LBZ support. Seems like $750 is the going price for Flash and tune.
    McRat has a 500hp rwhp tune (not locked) that he sells with the EFILive product. He has a couple of LLY's and an LBZ to develop them on. You can talk to him and get a setup you like if you have a stock trans.

"McRat has a 500hp rwhp tune (not locked)"

What is "not locked"?

Correct. I went with McRat since I'll be moving to Ca in a few months and he'll be sort of local.

Quote Originally Posted by SSTuner
    "McRat has a 500hp rwhp tune (not locked)"

What is "not locked"?

That means the tune is still tunable. You can change items on it then program it to your truck.