Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm preregistered for Pinks All Out @ Moroso Motorsports Park.....

Default I'm preregistered for Pinks All Out @ Moroso Motorsports Park.....

I camped out thursday night at Moroso, got there @ 5pm and was third in line, by the time we went to sleep @ 12am, there was like 20 or so rigs there campin out, woke up @ 7ish and there was about 25 - 30. They only are taking 300 cars, they teched about 150 or so yesterday and are doin the rest tonight. We had a hell of a good time hangin out and bbqing and sittin by a nice little fire pit under one of the guys canopies on his enclosed trailer!!! Anyways, I got teched pretty much right away and went in to try and dial the car to a 10.0. I put a 2 stage nx maf kit (only usin one stage right now) on the car that a buddy lent me since I haven't been able to put the money together for the fogger yet (will get it with my tax return). So this is the first time i've really spray'd the car again since I put the 90/90 on. First run I put 75 jets in and dropped the timing to 25 degrees. I figured I wanna try and get the car consistant, so put the bottle pressure at only 900 for all the runs (easier to get to in this cold ass weather, usually run 1150 or so).

So on the 75's she went 10.48 @ 131.79

Put the 100's in, same timing and same 900 psi bottle pressure and she went 10.20 @ 134.56

So after that I was like shit, the 150's are gonna go a lot faster, cuz the motor is built for a lot of spray, the more I give it, it gains a lot more, so I put the 150's in and dropped 5 degrees of timing, which put it at 20 which is what I usually run on a 300 shot, and kept the bottle pressure at 900, figured that would get me close to 10.0, WRONG, she went way too fast, ended up goin 9.83 @ 137 even with her goin pig rich especially on the big end cuz of the low pressure (was seein a/f ratios in the 9's at the big end), she went almost 111 through the 1/8th!

I was happy to say the least at how good she's running, but I need to get her dialed to a 10.0, didn't get another pass after that, so what do you guys think, go back to 100 jets, with the same 900 psi (too cold right now to mess with tryin to go higher) and instead of 25 degrees of timing, 27? You think that would get me from 10.2's into the 10.0's?

Anyways, wish me luck for tomorrow guys, if I get picked, i've got a shot at 10g and a tool box from napa full of tools worth 7g!!!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

So this isn't the same pinks that you race for pink slips and loose your car? Some very nice times there. Not sure if 2deg would be enough to drop 10.2sec.

didn't you want to stay slower than that?? Congrats on the 9s, though!
    As for consistent times, from my experience running the races over here, I've not seen too many consistent times from anybody spraying ... the folks usually lose their first or second round on the bracket eliminations by either going too fast, or some part of the system failing, leading to a way too slow run ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

I have set up a few NOS cars with the FJO Maximizer progressive controller. Real slick for metering the spray and dialing in the car!

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

That shit was so rigged it wasn't even funny!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Do tell.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fratsit
    Do tell.....
    Here's a quote of my post on ls1tech so I don't have to retype it:

Quote Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
    That shit was so rigged it wasn't even funny!!! I was third in line first day of registration and was car number 53, they had already given out 50 spots to their buddy's I guess, and guess what, 10 - 12 of the 16 picked were car numbers in the first 50 and then a they threw a few local guys in, it was total bullshit!!! It was also supposedly a 11.0 class, which again was bullshit, every car in there was a fucking race car with a full cage, almost puttin the car on the bumper from the launch, but only they could see the times and claimed they were good!!! My boy got picked and was the only real street car in there, a 6-speed and a convertible no less, and if it was an 11.0 class he had every single one of them covered, it's a 96 cobra with a '03 cobra motor and spray and runs like high 10's/low 11's. First round he got lined up against a car, he spun a little and the guy got out on him and he started runnin him down, and just as he was gettin ready to pass him all the sudden the guy runs away from him, and we can't see the times, but the people with pinks can and claim he didn't break out, which is bullshit, so what the fuck ever!!! If I had known it was gonna be this kind of bullshit, I would've said fuck that i'm not legal for 9's and went balls out anyways to at least get a nice wheelie/fast ass run on tv and not cared if I got kicked out!

Anyways, just figured i'd let ya know the shady shit that went on for you guys that have it comin ur way in the future, don't expect anything more than to go there and just have some fun!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Lifetime Member

Compete BS man, that sucks really bad.:(
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Well, guess that's just TV ... kinda sucks that they didn't run by the rules ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Yeah, it sucks, but at the same time, I had one of the best times i've had in a long time, it really was a lot of fun!!!! Just would've liked to have won some money!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast