Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Idle Tuning - Helpful Info Inside

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    Revised one last time...I'm a little bored today.
    And?
    2015 Z06 A8

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky
    And?
    The throttle follower info was a little 'off', I added a few hints for the A4 guys after playing with my friend's car this weekend, and I posted new current pics of my timing maps. I'm going off of a modified version of distributor theory where you have timing that increases to a point and then is flat across the board....plus additional timing as vacuum increases. Hence the flatness of the timing maps. Seems to work great. Also found on my recent trip to the dyno that I didn't need the 28~29* of timing that I had at peak HP. 27* actually made more power.

Pretty stout cam you have. What is your static and DCR?

Can you post your latest timing table? Amatuer curiosity. I have mine bumped up to around 28* from about 5600 up.
    2015 Z06 A8

SSD,
    I agree on the timing. I went with a LS7 with a biggish cam and had the same results as my car. Beyond 27, deminishing returns, 28 gave 4 more hp and 29 actually dropped from 27. All the runs were timing change only and the differences beyond 27 were really within deviation.
    Chalky, if you start at 27* that is not good. I can give you a timing table to try.
    Bruce

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Bruce:

I knwo you had sent me a table some time ago for Tom. Go ahead and sent it out again if you don't mind.

FWIW, my timing caps @ 28* from 5600 and up. Never goes above 28*.
    2015 Z06 A8

Can you post your latest timing table? Amatuer curiosity. I have mine bumped up to around 28* from about 5600 up.
    DUH. Just realized your notes were at beginning of thread.
    2015 Z06 A8

IMAGE REMOVED

That's the latest timing table for high/low octane. The numbers to the left (what you can't see) are all the same. Don't know about compression ratios though.
    Last edited by SSpdDmon; November 12th, 2008 at 02:21 AM.

SS
    if i post my tune and a log can you take a look at my tune. im having an issue with it idling up and down and not very smooth. ive got an 2001 silverado that has a 5.3 stock ls1 cam and 317 heads to get the compression down to 8.5. it drives good last week it made 502 hp at the tires. gas milage sucks but alwell. i read your post and just dont quite understand what im doing wrong. im new to the efi live stuff. if you could help me i can post what ever you need in a couple of hours. thanks david

this is the tune im having an idle issue with cant get it smooth the desired idle speeds are wrong they need to be 650 for the iac numbers just havent changed them back. it ilded fine untill i did the cos3 swap
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why does your desired airflow table just drop off @ 176*F? If you don't have an aggressive cam, you shouldn't have to change too many idle parameters. I'd try putting everything in the idle folder (except desired airflow) back to stock and redo the RAFIG and RAFPN process. Make sure you go from a cold start and log all the way up to operating ECT temps (need to let it sit and idle for a few minutes once those temps are reached). I'm guessing your numbers need to be more fluent than they are.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast