Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: RPM limit

I tried altering the table axis beyond what the limits are set to and it made no difference. Trust me, a lot has been tried.
    Of interest, I read the thing on the Banks website on the Sidewinder D-Max Type R project. It didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling to read they had a Bosch engineer from Germany out where they say he had to alter the ECM software to allow the boost and engine speed limitations to be lifted. Does this mean the problem is in the OS itself ? I hope not.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I wonder at what RPM the ECM runs out of "CPU Speed/Power" or the injector open/closure duration becomes an issue?

Being a PowerPC based ECM I think the CPU could keep up if it needed to. There might be some limitation though with the circuits that fire the injectors, these have some big capacitors that might not charge fully at high RPM, but I don't know that for sure.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Any furthur update on this?

What have the LBZ guys been turning for R's this pulling season?

I am not ready for more R's (I had a tune sent to me, but was afraid to use it until I get a built motor), but when I get the motor done, would like to turn it up for pulling....

Thanks.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Any furthur update on this?

What have the LBZ guys been turning for R's this pulling season?

I am not ready for more R's (I had a tune sent to me, but was afraid to use it until I get a built motor), but when I get the motor done, would like to turn it up for pulling....

Thanks.
    I've had mine up over 4500 a time or two.

Has anybody found a solution to this problem. I am currently have this issue with my truck. Any updates would be great. The log shows that the mm3 falls to about 30 mm3 around 3375 and up. The mm3 has a trickaling affect on all other tables.

LMM
    GT4094R

Quote Originally Posted by jckleewein View Post
    Has anybody found a solution to this problem. I am currently have this issue with my truck. Any updates would be great. The log shows that the mm3 falls to about 30 mm3 around 3375 and up. The mm3 has a trickaling affect on all other tables.

LMM
    GT4094R
    Given that JoshH above says he is turning 4500 RPM then yes the solution is found. You will need to go over the many mm3 limiter tables in the ECM.

Cheers,
    Ross

Junior Member Danville Performance's Avatar

Got one for you, OS#12628594 for neww LMM's is the new fix from GM but now have no control of rpm over 3200rpm(defuels when gets to 3200rpm even when in manual mode). Has anyone else seen this yet? Before the update truck would turn 5,000rpm with no issue at all, now since update from GM, I can't control RPM even though I have all the same values in tables????

Now that is interesting, it's something they have put in to (or changed) in the latest update. Thanks, that gives us something to work on....

Cheers,
    Ross

Junior Member Danville Performance's Avatar

I will email you both tunes from the truck before and after and maybe that will help you find the issue.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast