Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LS2 GTO L92/L76 swap

Quote Originally Posted by SleepySierra
    Hi guys, new to the forum.

This topic caught my eye because i'm planning on doing the L92 head/L76 intake swap on an 6.0L, LQ9 (truck version of the LS2 engine). right now i haven't done any mods because i am weary of the tuning and electrical. i downloaded the demo efi live version and i understand some things but when i got further into the program i lost myself. right now i have plans layed out for a 6.0L swap/project but i don't want to proceed unless i know i can do atleast some simple tuning. i've heard that some guys have tuned the stock LQ9 and got almost 50 more hp out of it! has anyone done a tune similar to this one? it would be nice if i could "simulate" this tune on the demo so i have an idea of what to do when the engine is in the truck.

cheers
    Hello Sleepy,

The LQ9 is a LS1 based motor with 2003+ 1024kb computer, I think you will find more info and help in the Gen III section.
    What year is the truck? I could be wrong.
    I got the RoadRunner in mine and it spoils you.
    Last edited by Turbo595t; April 13th, 2007 at 06:47 PM.
    I would rather be Blown, then bottle fed

The LQ9 is a LS1 based motor with 2003+ 1024kb computer, I think you will find more info and help in the Gen III section.
    What year is the truck? I could be wrong.
    right now i have a '95 sierra! like i said i have plans for the 6.0L swap, still looking around for a good deal on an engine and other parts though. i might even buy a wrecked truck to be a donor. so far it looks like the LQ9's have been around since '99. i think the 99-02's have the "411" pcm. (the actual part number for it i think is: 12200411) i'm not sure what the 03's and on have. Just so that this thread doesn't get side tracked about IF the swap is possible (i've had actualy quite a few people say impossible) here's a link to what this guy did, i'm almost doing the exact same thing. i am going to try get a donor truck that is 99-02 though, with the 03+ stuff it will make the swap a bit more work.

http://www.pswired.com/95silverado/95silverado.htm

Lifetime Member

That site is pretty interesting, I just spent the last 30min checking it out. I have wanted to do an engine swap into an old school mid-70s C-body pickup. I have been thinking maybe an LS2 b/c it is easy to tune via EFILive, but the LQ9 has potential as well.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepySierra
    right now i have a '95 sierra! like i said i have plans for the 6.0L swap, still looking around for a good deal on an engine and other parts though. i might even buy a wrecked truck to be a donor. so far it looks like the LQ9's have been around since '99. i think the 99-02's have the "411" pcm. (the actual part number for it i think is: 12200411) i'm not sure what the 03's and on have. Just so that this thread doesn't get side tracked about IF the swap is possible (i've had actualy quite a few people say impossible) here's a link to what this guy did, i'm almost doing the exact same thing. i am going to try get a donor truck that is 99-02 though, with the 03+ stuff it will make the swap a bit more work.

http://www.pswired.com/95silverado/95silverado.htm
    Sleepy,

The LQ9 debuted in 2002 in the Escalade and then in the SS Chevy in 2003 and then in the Denali in 2005. The LQ9 has never been put in a 3/4 ton pickup, plus all LQ9's have Electronic Throttle Control so the motor in the Link that you posted is not a LQ9 and must be a LQ4, the only reason that I point this out is that if it was me doing this swap I would make the decision whether or not I was going to change from cable driven throttle and if you can add a TAC module to the "411" computer you mention to run a ETC, if not than either you need to move to a computer that can or just use cable. Either way these are GEN III motors and you might find more help posting in the GEN III section also.
    I would never say a swap is impossible. People also told me that I couldn't put a Quad 4 in a Fiero a month later I was driving it, that was 16 years ago.
    Good Luck with your project.
    I would rather be Blown, then bottle fed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12