Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 98 to 02 PCM

Default 98 to 02 PCM

I'm currently in the middle of this swap and would like to start working on the tune. Today I was comparing my 98 tune to a 02 tune and noticed that many of the tables were different. Now do I have to migrate any table that is different from my tune to the later tune? Are there any tables that I can just leave alone? What about the tables that use different parameters in the columns/rows? For example, the {B5911} Spark IAT Table. In my 98 tune the column is in kPa while the 02 tune uses grams/cylinder. Any help is appreciated!

What are your mods? If you are not heavily modded I would just start over with the new OS and redo the AutoVE, MAF, etc.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

I wouldn't consider my car heavily modded. My mods include a lid, ported throttle body, LS6 intake manifold, LT headers, and true duals. So you are suggesting that I just start over with the new OS without changing any tables? I thought at the bare minimum I would need to change at least a few tables.

Read this thread below and it you'll see the bare minimum tables and settings you'll need to change out. http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5066 You can convert a table from imperial to metric and vice versa to give you the data you want so you can copy and paste it.

Thanks for the responses. I actually started reading that thread the other day but stopped for some reason. I should have finished it because it answered just about all of the questions I had. My problem wasn't converting imperial to metric but going from kPa to grams/cylinder.

It took a little longer then expected but I finally finished up the wiring. Here's what I plan to do next:

- Program PCM with 12212156 operating system and 02 calibration with a few tables migrated from my 98 tune

- Change VIN

- Validate PIDs

- Start it up and see if theres any DTCs

Does this look good or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Looks good but I noticed that you didn't include swapping calibration segments??

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by shallow bay
    - Program PCM with 12212156 operating system and 02 calibration with a few tables migrated from my 98 tune
    Doc, is that what your talking about?

Before you do the fuel tables it is necessary to change the segment first. Use 2002 Express Van 5.7 Litre Automatic L31 PCM 12212156 from http://www.holdencrazy.com/ and the tuning tool to convert the Camaro OS to have an output for your fuel gauge.
    To do this, load the stock Camaro/Firebird file, then compare it with the Express file. Under "edit" use the "copy entire segment" function. After the segment is swapped, save the file as a new name. Load the original Camaro/Firebird file as the alternate and compare the Fuel system parameters and tables. Change everything back to what it was, it all matches the Express Van since you changed the segment. Now save the file and it will become your base file to start with.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Thanks for the explanation. Why does the Camaro OS not have an output for the fuel gauge? I think its time to go flash the OS/calibration and attempt to start the car. Here goes nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast