Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 00 vs. 02 Main VE

Default 00 vs. 02 Main VE

I swapped my 00 OS to an 02 OS a while ago, but copied the 00 Main VE table to the 02 OS. I was wondering if there could be any advantages or detriments to using the 02 VE table. My car has CAI/lid/ported TB/catback, so my airflow is probably a little better than stock.

Before anyone mentions widebands, my buddy and I co-own an LM-1, but I'm still on manifolds and can't use it yet. So until I get headers, I'm thinking of trying the stock 02 VE and wondering if anyone has any ideas or thoughts about this.

The VE table that is best for your car is the one you create from doing the AutoVE Until you get the WB perhaps tune from the LTFT or STFT data...
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

You can insert the WB sensor in place of the NBO2 on your manifold since AVE (AutoVE) tuning is done in open loop.

Probably not going to make much perceptable difference btw the two tables. You could cut and paste and compare the two. AutoVE really does work. RTACS is like crack!

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    You can insert the WB sensor in place of the NBO2 on your manifold since AVE (AutoVE) tuning is done in open loop.
    True enough ...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Probably not going to make much perceptable difference btw the two tables. You could cut and paste and compare the two.
    I was thinking of doing it because I noticed the 02 table is fatter in the mid-range where I tend to get some KR and I think I'm a bit lean. The idea was that maybe I'd get a little more fueling in those cells. But with the MAF calling the tune, would it make much difference anyway?

Best bet is to AutoVE it with a WBO2. The heads, intake, injectors and cam are different between the years. So, it probably won't be a straight switch.

Well, I'm stalling on doing the AutoVE because I'm waiting till I get LTs, which I'm not going to do until I know if I might be moving back to CA ...
    So, with the track opening for test & tune this weekend, I thought I might play with the VE tables to see if there might be any differences.

You'll be shooting in the dark without instrumentation. Is this an auto or M6? Without the WB I think you could actually make more progress experimenting with shift points (if an auto), or manual shifts. Since you won't be able to quantify your results, you could actually stand a better chance hurting your times. Why not just make up a stand alone WB that you can take in and out of the car for the time being. Good luck at the track nonetheless.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

It's an A4. I've done extensive tranny tuning, so that's in good shape. Like I said, I was interested in whether the 02 VE might give me a little more fueling in the range where I tend to get KR. I can reflash right there and compare back to back - a quick and easy type of thing.

But the first thing I'll check will be how the 02 spark table currently in the PCM will affect it. It's less aggressive than the 00 table in a lot of cells.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast