Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DYNAIRTMP_DMA vs CHRGTEMP_DMA

Lifetime Member

Default DYNAIRTMP_DMA vs CHRGTEMP_DMA

what's the difference between DYNAIRTMP_DMA vs CHRGTEMP_DMA?

I'm looking for a PID that would give me aircharge temp, blended accordingly to airflow and B0115 (newer) or B4901 (older)

also, does anyone know how to add *Kelvin to the general selection so I dont have to make extra custom PIDs for it?

Sounds like your up to a new experiment again! I'm still trying to absorb your last writeup on your site!

Here's a bump!

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Lifetime Member

Here's a longer list of PIDs, could someone please enlighten me as to which ones do exactly what, what platforms they occur on, etc... I have an idea about most of them, but i'd like to hear others' take on some of them.

GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA
    GM.CHRGTEMP_DMA

GM.DYNCYLAIR
    GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA
    CALC.CYLAIR

GM.DYNAIR
    GM.DYNAIR_LS2
    GM.AIRPERSEC

GM.VETABLE_DMA
    CALC.VEPCT_V8
    GM.APCYL_E40_DMA
    CALC_VE

GM.AIRFLZONE_DMA
    GM.ENGZONE1_DMA

GM.CORRRCALC
    GM.INJFLOW
    GM.FINLRCALC

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    Here's a longer list of PIDs, could someone please enlighten me as to which ones do exactly what, what platforms they occur on, etc... I have an idea about most of them, but i'd like to hear others' take on some of them.

GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA - I would guess this is the IAT used at a given instant during SD calculations????
    GM.CHRGTEMP_DMA - Calculated charge temperature based on IAT, ECT, Charge Temp Blending, and Charge Temp Filter.

GM.DYNCYLAIR - The PCM's predicted airflow values...maybe based on changes observed in short-term histories and observed/filtered changes? In other words, I believe this pid is designed around transitional throttle.
    GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA - The current grams/cyl. value being used in SD fueling calculations. If the MAF is active, GM.CYLAIR_DMA is the pid to use.
    CALC.CYLAIR - EFI Live's calculated grams/cyl. based on MAF flow and RPM.

GM.DYNAIR - The PCM's calculated grams/sec. of airflow based on VE settings, IAT, ECT, etc.
    GM.DYNAIR_LS2 - Same as above, but for LS2's.
    GM.AIRPERSEC - Must be new for 7.4.x as I don't see it in my list on the last build of 7.3.x.

GM.VETABLE_DMA - The current VE table value (direct lookup) being used for fueling calculations.
    CALC.VEPCT_V8 - EFI Live's calculated VE % of theoretical maximum based on the above pid and engine displacement.
    GM.APCYL_E40_DMA - Must be new for 7.4.x as I don't see it in my list on the last build of 7.3.x.
    CALC_VE - EFI Live's calculated % of theoretical maximum based on MAF flow, IAT, displacement, RPM, and MAP.

GM.AIRFLZONE_DMA - Maybe has to do with operating range of the IAC??
    GM.ENGZONE1_DMA - Must be new for 7.4.x as I don't see it in my list on the last build of 7.3.x.

GM.CORRRCALC - Must be new for 7.4.x as I don't see it in my list on the last build of 7.3.x.
    GM.INJFLOW - PCM's calculated injector flow rate based on current conditions (flow vs. MAP)???
    GM.FINLRCALC - Must be new for 7.4.x as I don't see it in my list on the last build of 7.3.x.

That's my best guess.

Remember, DMA pids are direct memory access...which means they are the current values the PCM recognizes based on live readings. They are pulled from the RAM and not the tables flashed into the PCM.
    Last edited by joecar; May 16th, 2007 at 04:04 AM.

Also, I believe you can search through the cal_link.txt to see if a certain pid is tied to the scanning software. Just make sure you don't save any changes.

I'm making this sticky.

Paul, need some more input detail as to what all those mean.

Lifetime Member

CALC_VE -
    EFI Live's calculated % of theoretical maximum based on MAF flow, IAT, displacement, RPM, and MAP.

um...why would you need IAT if you already got airflow? isn't the point of measuring airflow so things like pressure and temp get accounted for automagically?
    CALC.CYLAIR sounds like the more proper cylair from maf all corrected for conditions.

what i'm really trying to get at here is:
    1. which values are 'raw', as in corrected vs uncorrected for conditions
    2. which values are derived from MAF sensor
    3. which values are derived from airflow properties/composite values and are use toward calculating airflow (SD calcs)

as the info is going to pour in (fingers crossed) i'll compile the knowledge into some sort of easy to look up/see patterns/remember/understand table for a more sticky worthy content. (forums are great for discussions but suck as a reference, moderators should earn their stripes sorting and cleaning up material for the stickies, hint hint)

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra

um...why would you need IAT if you already got airflow? isn't the point of measuring airflow so things like pressure and temp get accounted for automagically?
    CALC.CYLAIR sounds like the more proper cylair from maf all corrected for conditions.

what i'm really trying to get at here is:
    1. which values are 'raw', as in corrected vs uncorrected for conditions
    2. which values are derived from MAF sensor
    3. which values are derived from airflow properties/composite values and are use toward calculating airflow (SD calcs)

as the info is going to pour in (fingers crossed) i'll compile the knowledge into some sort of easy to look up/see patterns/remember/understand table for a more sticky worthy content. (forums are great for discussions but suck as a reference, moderators should earn their stripes sorting and cleaning up material for the stickies, hint hint)
    DMA values are the raw values. Anytime you can log those, you're using the same raw data the PCM is as it's pulled directly from the PCM's RAM.

I'm not as up to speed regarding the science/math as to answer why they have IAT and MAF values in the equation. But, I can do my best to point you in the right direction. If you want to see the equation used for the CALC.VE, you can right click on the pid in the F8 tab of the scanner and select More Info...

As for which pids are MAF related...I believe there are two main types of airflow measurement that the PCM uses: Cylinder Air Mass and Airflow

Airflow - In SD, you want GM.DYNAIR. With the MAF, you want SAE.MAF.
    Air Mass - In SD, you want GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA. With the MAF, you want GM.CYLAIR_DMA.

Lifetime Member

so can we get a 'summary judgement' on this from like Paul or Ross?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast