Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help with V2 and PLX M250

Default Need Help with V2 and PLX M250

I am sure I did something wrong but:
    Finally got V2 loaded. Started car today and cannot get BEN map to show anything but 1.55. Seems like it is not reading wb02.

ANy suggestions?
    2015 Z06 A8

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky
    I am sure I did something wrong but:
    Finally got V2 loaded. Started car today and cannot get BEN map to show anything but 1.55. Seems like it is not reading wb02.

ANy suggestions?
    Need a bit more information... Have you probed the voltage coming off of the WB? How do you have it configured with the external inputs?

Just got back from store after buying new Multimeter. (Has not been a good winter for batteries).

Wiring to V2 is right. White is power, red/black is ground.
    2015 Z06 A8

Justin is going down the right path...Force the controller to put out 2, 5 vdc and record the values. If you have decent (+/-.01vdc) then you can assume that the logic chip is functioning for programing and the DAC is putting out ok, so then the only culprit left is the sensor it'self. I personally have seen sensors do wierd, wacky things when thru either age, or a direct hit(whoops) the glass bead pump cell develops a crack and gives wacky readings. The worst culprit lasted / screwed with me for what seemed like an eternity ( a week) where the sensor would report good stoich but the higher exhaust load/pressure, ie. WOT would give super high piston melting lean readings, without those results of course. The thing that mislead me was the age of the sensor(~6 months actual run time over an elapsed 1 1/2 year) and not having knowingly dropped/banged the sensor... I guess eventually the crack developed from the heat cycles/wear/use that lead to these symptoms. Luckily, now I have multiple known good sensors on hand for such shotgun troubleshooting/ narrowing down functions. For those of you who don't have a known good spare on hand...get one it, it can save time.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Justin is going down the right path...Force the controller to put out 2, 5 vdc and record the values. If you have decent (+/-.01vdc) then you can assume that the logic chip is functioning for programing and the DAC is putting out ok, so then the only culprit left is the sensor it'self. I personally have seen sensors do wierd, wacky things when thru either age, or a direct hit(whoops) the glass bead pump cell develops a crack and gives wacky readings. The worst culprit lasted / screwed with me for what seemed like an eternity ( a week) where the sensor would report good stoich but the higher exhaust load/pressure, ie. WOT would give super high piston melting lean readings, without those results of course. The thing that mislead me was the age of the sensor(~6 months actual run time over an elapsed 1 1/2 year) and not having knowingly dropped/banged the sensor... I guess eventually the crack developed from the heat cycles/wear/use that lead to these symptoms. Luckily, now I have multiple known good sensors on hand for such shotgun troubleshooting/ narrowing down functions. For those of you who don't have a known good spare on hand...get one it, it can save time.
    Got a chance to check my power supply and power supply is OK @ 12 v. It was to late to start car but I put power to EFLIve and 02 sensor. I ended up with a rwading of 7 volts dc from 02 sensor back to EFILive.
    Does this seem right?

My wb was working when I had V1 installed. I am stumped as to why my I am not getting a reading form my wb now.
    2015 Z06 A8

Lifetime Member

Got a chance to check my power supply and power supply is OK @ 12 v. It was to late to start car but I put power to EFLIve and 02 sensor. I ended up with a rwading of 7 volts dc from 02 sensor back to EFILive.
    Does this seem right?

My wb was working when I had V1 installed. I am stumped as to why my I am not getting a reading form my wb now.
    Sounds like you need to calibrate the V2's external inputs. Connect to the V2 unit with the scan tool, then hit Ctrl+F11 and follow the directions on that screen. Should bring things right in line.

Justin:

Thanks, I'll try it in the morning. Is this info common knowledge or something I failed to read?
    2015 Z06 A8

Lifetime Member

Justin:

Thanks, I'll try it in the morning. Is this info common knowledge or soemthing I failed to read?
    I'm not really sure. I try to be as informed about the hardware/software as I can be, so I found it during my exploration, but I'm not sure where it is posted.

Thanks. I guess I need to get back in the game. I ind of lost interest once Winter set in.

Thanks again for the tip!!
    2015 Z06 A8

Calibrate the inputs with a known voltage source.

Read a battery with the multimeter and use it for the input and calibrate the input you are using on V2.

Perry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast