Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: V2 AD1 voltage adjustments?

Funny you mention this as mine did the exact same thing a week ago. It was reading way off but was working before. I was starting to think the latest (beta) firmware and software freaked it out or something so I flash back to the last one but it didnt fix it. I also had problems with the scanner becoming 3-5 second delayed which it had never done before. Ive re-installed the old firmware and software and everything seems to be fine. Weird

I got a 12v DC to DC transformer that outputs 1.5, 3, 4.5v etc and used that to calibrate it. Seem good now.

Jez

Jez, after back-revving the firmware, if you now recalibrate does it show the correct voltage...?

Ok, I recalibrated it on the newest firmware (V2.04.52) and newest software (7.3.4) and eventually got it to go. I went back to the previous FW (V2.04.47) after I found flashscan to be going a little laggy after a few minutes, but this still didnt fix it. I re installed all of the old version (7.3.3) and it was fine.

Just seemed coincidental that after I installed the beta software and firmware that the BEN's were all out and someone tipped my off to look at the AD voltage and I found it to be completely off

Im not a beta tester but I like to play with the latest software or pre-releases if I can get them. The pre release software and firmware I got from here :
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4585

I suppose I could try updating the firmware and software again to see if I can replicate the problem if you would like.

Hope this helps,
    Jez
    Last edited by JezzaB; March 10th, 2007 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    Just out of curiosity; where can I buy a 0-5 volt power supply that allows me to vary the voltage to any value within that range.
    Ebay should work ... or any local electronics shop ...
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by JezzaB
    Ok, I recalibrated it on the newest firmware (V2.04.52) and newest software (7.3.4) and eventually got it to go. I went back to the previous FW (V2.04.47) after I found flashscan to be going a little laggy after a few minutes, but this still didnt fix it. I re installed all of the old version (7.3.3) and it was fine.

Just seemed coincidental that after I installed the beta software and firmware that the BEN's were all out and someone tipped my off to look at the AD voltage and I found it to be completely off

Im not a beta tester but I like to play with the latest software or pre-releases if I can get them. The pre release software and firmware I got from here :
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4585

I suppose I could try updating the firmware and software again to see if I can replicate the problem if you would like.

Hope this helps,
    Jez
    So you saw:
    V2.04.47 + 7.3.4 = FlashScan laggy
    V2.04.47 + 7.3.3 = FlashScan ok

What happens with this:
    V2.04.52 + 7.3.4 = ?

Is anyone else seeing this sort of thing...?

Well I just ordered a digital variable voltage supply that will produce an output from 0-15 volts. In the mean time I am trying to calibrate the unit with items in the shop.

Please clarify this;

First step is that you need to produce a voltage between .5 and 2 volts. As soon as you have a stable voltage hit Initialize

The produce a stable voltage between 3 and 4.5 volts. Then hit calibrate.

Is this it? It should matter where you get the voltage source as long as it records the 1st and 2nd voltage which it must calculate the difference and then convert into the AD counts.

I'm I understanding this correctly?

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

thats all I can say!

I just spent the last three hours jerking with this setup! What am I doing wrong?

I started by setting the LM-1 to 1.200 volts for both the high and low scale. Saved it to the LM-1. Next I checked the voltage prior to the V2 by using a voltmeter and pulling it from the set screw pins. Once the voltage was stabilzed I hit the intialize botton.

I then returned back to the LM-1 programming and set the voltage values to 3.200 volts. Save it and rechecked the voltage. Once stabilized I hit the calibrate button. That should be it..........no?

I then spooled up FS with the wideband hooked up. The voltage looked closer. I logged a few seconds of AD1 voltage vs. AFR and it still seems off. If I am not mistaken the math for the LM-1 pid is (AD1*4)+7.35...the math is not working..

My living room looks like an electrical nightmare as I have all this stuff hooked up! LOL!! I really need some help! Need to get this behind me!

Thanks

Howard

1-954-703-5560

2011 HTR-850R Camaro

if you are using your wide band 02 sensor to calibrate the ad inputs
    you need to wait a few seconds or reboot the wide bands power before it will put out the new voltage. use the test button to watch for the changes in the voltage readings before you initialize and calibrate

Only problem with what you state is that I confirmed the voltage just prior to the V2 with a voltmeter.

1-954-703-5560

2011 HTR-850R Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    Well I just ordered a digital variable voltage supply that will produce an output from 0-15 volts. In the mean time I am trying to calibrate the unit with items in the shop.

Please clarify this;

First step is that you need to produce a voltage between .5 and 2 volts. As soon as you have a stable voltage hit Initialize

The produce a stable voltage between 3 and 4.5 volts. Then hit calibrate.

Is this it? It should matter where you get the voltage source as long as it records the 1st and 2nd voltage which it must calculate the difference and then convert into the AD counts.

I'm I understanding this correctly?
    That looks correct, but use the WB to generate the voltage.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast