Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LL8 tuning problems.........

Default LL8 tuning problems.........

I just bought an 05 TB yesterday. I hooked up to it last night, go out and a few things I noticed. Even though I raised the speed limiter to max it still limits to about 105 mph. I am also running the stock timing tables and it gets anywhere from 3-7 deg of KR at WOT. What are some of the other things you guys are doing for power and economy, every time I added a few degrees of timing at part throttle it would get random KR just cruising at steady throttle. Maybe I have some poor gas, I will try some 93 when this tanks runs low. I heard that you can tweak the table for the Cam Position angle and pick up some good power, just looking for some recommendations, I am a I6 newbie .

Thanks in advance, Ryan

Lifetime Member

Send me your stock tune man, Ill show you a couple tricks Ive learned from playing around with my LL8.

Speed limiter, need to raise the RPM limiter at the bottom of the Speedometer section to remove it, its a 2 step limiting system that GM uses on these engines.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Here is a copy of my current tune I am about to try. PE Spark tables are stock, I think there are some modifiers in the background bumping the final timing value way up causing the KR, not mention the 87 octane the was in it. Just gotta get my WB bung welded in and then I can dial in the PE AFR. It seems that by me raising the Cam Position Value by 2-3 degrees made a decent difference in the upper rpms. Anyways, here it is, let me know what you guys think.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Must be nice .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I had her up to 120 today...lol. Had to lay the smack down on a 2004 Tundra I force V8.

Rhino, nice to see you here as well as on the trailvoy forum. I hope to take a look at your tune tonight. I have not adjusted any of the cam timing tables yet because I don't fully understand the parameters that control the position.

I don't know where you are planning on installing the WB bung; but I put mine on the top of the downpipe, ahead of the CAT and pretty close to the firewall.

I believe we all have issues with KR at WOT. I am still trying to find the parameters that are advancing the timing above the table values also.

It's nice to have another tuner to bounce LL8 ideas off of. I'm sure Erik is getting tired of my constant requests.

Lifetime Member

Naww man, its nice to actually see some action in the LL8 forum, it seems most guys are using the "other" tuning software on trailvoy. I really like the EFILive interface and software, but wish we had some more parameters to play with like a tire calc and maybe some more fan controls.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by blandmiller
    Rhino, nice to see you here as well as on the trailvoy forum. I hope to take a look at your tune tonight. I have not adjusted any of the cam timing tables yet because I don't fully understand the parameters that control the position.

I don't know where you are planning on installing the WB bung; but I put mine on the top of the downpipe, ahead of the CAT and pretty close to the firewall.

I believe we all have issues with KR at WOT. I am still trying to find the parameters that are advancing the timing above the table values also.

It's nice to have another tuner to bounce LL8 ideas off of. I'm sure Erik is getting tired of my constant requests.
    Thanks man. I changed back my cam tables I changed back to stock and it feels better, I don't understand them either and I think I may have gone the wrong way with them. I have gone all stock with the timing tables because there are modifiers somewhere that we can't get to, I only increased a little timing the in the cruise areas of the Non-VE High Octane table. I left WOT timing stock and I am only seeing about 1-2* now at WOT from a slow 1st gear roll, but from freeway speeds I get about 5*, but I think most of that is Burst Knock, but we can't do anything with that yet. Transmission is just how I like it now, I set the 3-4 part throttle shift table to 45mph because with 3.42's, it was lugging with the stock shift point. I also set the converter to enable a FULL lock at about 53 mph so it's fully locked at highway speeds.

Lifetime Member

I was wondering how you were going to like those cam profiles, it seems that the LL8s like a little more retardation down low if anything, but I really havent played around too much with them.
    ~Erik~

Yeah, until I get in touch with Jesse, I'm leaving well enough alone. Here is a copy of the "good" tune I'm running right now:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast