Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 98 Custom operating system...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    From my personal standpoint I thought it was pretty standup for EFI Live to support the 98s at all, and unlimited.
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    I think for alot of folks the gas tank / instrument cluster is/are the deal breakers here. All you 98 cavedwellers, er owners come out of the darkness and step into the light of the best reason why all LSx based GM owners should use EFI Live... the Custom Operating Systems. You really don't know how much you are missing.

For the really sharp peeps out there, would it be possible to do a segment swap for the fuel sending unit calibration btw the 98 to 99+up?

For the Mgt. If it is not a current possibility due to technical reasons it would be a nice apeasement / gesture / patch for those 98 owners willing to do the main pcm wire connectors which really are not that hard. I always cringe at my work when engineers start suggesting what they think are grand things in a whimsicle way...I am not trying to do that. I know you guys have plenty on your plate already.

From my personal standpoint I thought it was pretty standup for EFI Live to support the 98s at all, and unlimited. I just took matters into my own hands so to speak.
    Good question... TTT

I agree,that would be nice.

By all means, it's not a trivial mod... nonetheless, it's a mod, just like doing heads/cam, and from what I've seen in COS5, I think it's a worthwhile mod (just like headers/heads/cam would be considered a worthwhile mod);
    oh, I certainly understand that everyone is busy...

Maybe we should collect material here for a "tutorial"...

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    Good question... TTT

I agree,that would be nice.

By all means, it's not a trivial mod... nonetheless, it's a mod, just like doing heads/cam, and from what I've seen in COS5, I think it's a worthwhile mod (just like headers/heads/cam would be considered a worthwhile mod);
    oh, I certainly understand that everyone is busy...

Maybe we should collect material here for a "tutorial"...
    That's a good idea tutorial I May convert at some point I did most of the research on finding the parts to use. There is a junkyard guy on ebay that has all 4th gens I've talked to him a few times pretty good prices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12