How do you get EFILive
    I just tryed com2 and this is what its saying now
    25:29.987: Initialising...
    25:30.230: Opening COM2 8228,8,N,1
    25:30.274: Ready.

This this what it should say ?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Yes, that is what you should see.

Next, click on the Display ALDL chatter toolbar icon (or press the hoykey Ctrl+L). That should show you all the data thta is being sent fromt he vehicle.
    Note: some vehicles do not send any chatter data, so you may not see anything.

Try loading up the correct vehicle definition file for your vehicle and then click on the green Start aldl toolbar button to see live data.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

No go on that port its the wrong one and when I put it to com1 it saying the com1 port is not config properly

OK I just install it on my decktop pc and put the cable in and its on com3 and efilive is picking it up so theres something not right on my lappy somewere

ok I just changed it to com2 and its working I think I'll give it ago and post if its working

ok its working now I don't know what I'm doing with it now

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I have a 1993 Saturn DOHC 1.9 (actually one of the defined vehicles in my EFILive V4 eval software). I am using the USB cable purchased from here: http://www.aldlcable.com/ on my Windows 7 Laptop.

The communication seems to be working fine.... the screen dumps the raw data in log mode, and the various built-in macros that come for my engine including things like turn on and off A/C, turn on and off SES light, etc work great. I just can't actually read any codes or values, nor can I see the dashboard. A youtube video shows the software being used for this purpose (see this link), so I know it's possible. Any tips on how to configure the software to interpret the data?

Make sure you've selected one of the three "Data Stream" macros. Then click on the green "Start ALDL" button.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks, that was successful! A couple more questions though.....
    1) the 2nd and 3rd Data Stream macros say they are "deleted" and thus do nothing. Is this normal?

2) when I go to the virtual dashboard, the only thing that seems to work is engine RPM (maybe the speedo works too, but the car was standing still, so I will assume that that works) and the TPS. The coolant temp reads zero in spite of there being an ALDL reading for the ECTS. So my questions are...

a) how do I add additional traces to the ALDL interface, assuming I know which data to map to which value, and
    b) how do I map the ALDL values to the virtual dashboard?

Quote Originally Posted by cityhawk View Post
    Thanks, that was successful! A couple more questions though.....
    1) the 2nd and 3rd Data Stream macros say they are "deleted" and thus do nothing. Is this normal?
    Not really normal, it looks like whoever created that data stream did not add the messages: msg1 and msg2.
    You can remove those two macros (that attempt to use msg1 and msg2) if you like, see image below. Or you could locate the matching *.ald file and add the msg1 and msg2 data yourself.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	macro_del.png 
Views:	315 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	12946

2) when I go to the virtual dashboard, the only thing that seems to work is engine RPM (maybe the speedo works too, but the car was standing still, so I will assume that that works) and the TPS. The coolant temp reads zero in spite of there being an ALDL reading for the ECTS. So my questions are...
    If you're using the Eval version, there are limitations.

Name:	pro_eval.png 
Views:	320 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	12945

a) how do I add additional traces to the ALDL interface, assuming I know which data to map to which value, and
    Read up on the documentation on how to create your own data streams.

b) how do I map the ALDL values to the virtual dashboard?
    Right click on the gauge and select a different caption.

Or the gauge number or chart number that an attribute is linked to can be changed in the attribute editor window.

Name:	dash_number.png 
Views:	303 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	12947
    See the help document for info on what number is assigned to each gauge or chart. To see the help document, select the menu option: Help->[F1: Help], then navigate to: Reference->Requests->Attributes. About halfway down the page you will see the charts and dashboard numbering scheme.

Regards
    Paul

Default V4 DT code setup in macro for 1994 Saturn SC2

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I presume you are using the LL0.xml data stream definition file.
    I just checked that file and it looks like there is no DTC codes defined in it - yet. If you're interested in adding them in, I can send you the necessary information. Let me know.

Regards
    Paul
    Hi Paul, This is a very old post but I have this same problem. I have a 1994 Saturn and am getting ready to use EFILive V4 with an ALDL USB to OBD1 cable, shown here: http://aldlcable.com/bigphotos/8947.jpg . I want to be able to read the DT codes but the macro is not setup for them, same as with the original poster's concern. How can I get the information that you offered to send to the OP? Thanks in advance!

RPM7777

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12