Quote Originally Posted by phils01z View Post
I made all those realizations based on the fact I am a programmer myself.
Then you also understand the 'legacy support' concept
In reality (and this is by no means meant an insult to LS1 based tuner or cars/trucks), but these days it has to be considered an older PCM (legacy if you will), 1999 was when it came out. So relate this back to your computer programming job, how much time do R&D departments spend on Windows 98 enhancements or fixes vs Windows 7 or 8? EFILive is in the same boat, at this point unless there is a critical error that will brick the LS1 PCM there is probably not a lot going to be happening for it in the future. And I'm just saying this to try to put in to perspective why incorrect descriptions may slip by these days, nobody at EFILive is working on LS1 full time any more.

Unfortunately EFILive staff no longer have any LS1 based vehicles to test with either, we used to have three, but they've all been sold for later model vehicles (new R&D platforms I suppose). We can slot in to fix the descriptions, but, we can't verify the exact operation through vehicle testing. We'll see what we can figure out though based on what Dave said.