Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Achieve Zero Fuel Consumption On Deceleration?

dfe1's settings work great on my GTO. There's an abrubt transition when fueling comes back on. I haven't played with ramp rates yet.
    World's First Twin Screw Pontiac GTO
    2004 GTO. Blown H/C 408, stage 3 keyboard, billet tires
    2017 Chevy SS with dead hooker is spacious trunk
    2014 Chevy Cruze. MPG queen with my balls in spacious glove compartment.

www.aussiemotive.com

Quote Originally Posted by mistermike
    dfe1's settings work great on my GTO. There's an abrubt transition when fueling comes back on. I haven't played with ramp rates yet.
    Must have something to do with the blower. In the vehicles I've done the transitions in and out are undetectable except for the change in the exhaust sound and increased engine braking during decel. You may need to alter the MAP settings to account for differences in manifold pressure transition time. It sounds like you have the air and spark back well before fuel is back to normal.

Also-- an item of interest. In my LL8 (Trailblazer 6 cyl), I noticed that pulse width during DFCO is reported at .000 ms. Obviously, that's not correct, but it apparently has something to do with the P10 ECM's data stream because I haven't seen zeros with any other system.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

It's not as bad as I made it sound. I've got several issues going on, so the DFCO settings are way down on the list of things to pick on. Bigger motor, bigger cam, bigger heads and idle transition is pretty shakey. It turns out my wideband readings in EFI Live were way off, so I did some bandaid STFT tuning in the interim.

Blower is in bypass mode, so it's probably not that. I'm running catless now so you can hear everything. When fueling comes back on, there's a distinct "blorp" but nothing severe or unnerving, and certainly no worse than it was on the factory DFCO maps.

www.aussiemotive.com

ok so just make the transitions not as bad... i will check that out and change them a little
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 STOCK 342HP and 352TQ [/b]MODS:Too many to list, PM...funny rear mount.. father/son build.
    [Quote :ur car is sneezing!!!!]
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    My STS build: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631954
    453HP 475TQ @6psi
    .....CAM'd, IC'd, and 7psi'd #'s coming.....

Lifetime Member

sorry to be late to the party but here goes my questions/observations.

Car = 04 Holden Monaro/Pontiac GTO with capa Long tubes, miltek sport cats, miltek cat system

I've gotten my VE dialed in and now gotten my MAF mapped out to 1.00 +/- 0.01

Using the original Holden DFCO settings if I enabled dfco I could hear some unburnt fuel going into the cat and popping in there, rather than just getting the burble you get out of the exhaust exit. I quickly pulled over and turned it off for now but I have just applied the settings shown in this thread to my map (but kept the enabler temp high to stop it working yet).

My questions are this:

1.) Do the M6 cells refer to the manual six speed of which my car is? If so are the settings listed above for the Auto? For now I have kept the M6 settings as they were.

2.) I am running open loop + maf, both stft and ltft are disabled. Will this effect to the detrement of the car, the effect of DFCO?

I think that is it, basically will those settings be ok to try with a six speed modified manual? I'm eager to try it out but want to make sure it should be ok first. Also could someone confirm if the M6 does indeed refer to manual six speed cars - if so in the pasted settings why do they appear off?

thanks

edited to add my tune: http://www.stigmundfreud.f2s.com/tuning/olmaf.tun
    also the log just in case: http://www.stigmundfreud.f2s.com/tuning/logs/olmaf.efi
    Last edited by stigmundfreud; September 8th, 2007 at 10:57 AM.

The DFCO M6 is in additional to the general DFCO controls which are still valid on an M6 vehicle. The DFCO M6 becomes active (assuming the enables are hit) when the clutch is pressed in between gear changes.

I used to get some pretty spectacular popping in the exhaust with the default DFCO settings. I still do if i really nail it to beat a red light

In my case this was markedly improved by increasing the values in the B3334 & B3335, basically reducing the ramp in/out times.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

well going to give dfe1s settings a try - it was only under larger decels where the unburnt would go into the cat - ie 2nd or 3rd gear and letting it go down from 4000rpm.

Will see tomorrow, tbh I cant see dfco really saving me much but that lovely lovely sound it makes

Lifetime Member

dont suppose you could whack up your m6 enablers could you tordne? I'm going to run with dfe1's settings this afternoon and so long as I get no fuel popping in the actual cats I'll look at the m6 ones too

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    The DFCO M6 is in additional to the general DFCO controls which are still valid on an M6 vehicle. The DFCO M6 becomes active (assuming the enables are hit) when the clutch is pressed in between gear changes.

I used to get some pretty spectacular popping in the exhaust with the default DFCO settings. I still do if i really nail it to beat a red light

In my case this was markedly improved by increasing the values in the B3334 & B3335, basically reducing the ramp in/out times.
    You need to post this up over at the LS1GTO site. Despite the rantings of myself and others, there is a persistent belief that the best way to eliminate popping on decel is to defeat DFCO altogether. Hmmmm. Have the decel mixture so bloody rich it couldn't possibly ignite by itself. Brilliant.

www.aussiemotive.com

Of course none of this is available on US based LS1 cars, correct?
    Early EFILive V5 user - Upgraded from AutoTap for DOS!
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, A4 - For occasional day trips...
    1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - For the family...
    1989 Honda VTR250 - For me and me only...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast