Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 02 Z06 D1SC tune questions....

There are aftermarket MAP-referenced regulator/pump kits that install a new fuel line and use the existing fuel line as a return...

I've seen references to these on various forums and websites.

Could someone please help me out and tell me where I went wrong?

1. Reflashed my pcm from OS 12593358 to 02040003 OS.
    2. Did a recalibration flash of my stock tune on the new OS.
    3. Followed the 2/3 bar OS tutorial, recalibrated the 2 bar to 195 to read 29.8 as my 1 bar read.
    4. Set up an AutoVE tune.

When I crank the car, it will run and idle 45 sec to a 1 min and will die (rich 12.5ish in reduced power mode). Then will will not restart, the engine turns over but it doesn't start. I let it set for a couple of hours and it would start again and then die and not restart again until some time later. I get MAF and MAP errors relating to throttle position.
    I did get a low voltage DTC the last time I tried to crank it so I jumped it off and it ran for about 45 seconds and died again. It did turn over after it died but did not crank. I walked away.....
    Any Ideas?

Thanks
    -Jet
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JET LEE; March 24th, 2007 at 01:38 PM.
    1 7/8" American Racing Headers, 3" X pipe, 6" GHL Bullits ~ DONE, AEM Wideband~DONE, MTI R1 Cam~DONE, Mototron 60's~DONE, D1SC Stage II procharger~DONE, Alky Control Methanol Spray System~To do

Jet,

I'm travelling (with my Mrs) at the moment, so I don't have the means to view your tun file (...internet cafe...)...

Exactly what DTC's do you get...?

MAF and MAp errors... you may have to increase the ETC, MAF, MAP rationality tables (located under Engine Diagnostics).

Are you using a 2 bar MAP sensor...?

When it dies, and you try cranking, do you get fuel (can you detect injectors firing) and spark (can you detect plugs firing)...?

Joe

Thanks Joe.
    I will check those things today.
    I wish that I would have had time to get the cam dialed in before I installed the bigger injectors and supercharger in. I cranked it a couple of times with cam only and it would run and die unless I kept in the throttle a good bit. The cam spec is 232 236 .585 .575 114 LSA.

Also...I am running 02040003 OS, where can I find COS5 for my car? When I open the tune I have posted above it says that A0001 and A0002 are out of range.

I am running a 2 bar MAP, I'll try increasing those tables.
    Thanks,
    -Jet
    1 7/8" American Racing Headers, 3" X pipe, 6" GHL Bullits ~ DONE, AEM Wideband~DONE, MTI R1 Cam~DONE, Mototron 60's~DONE, D1SC Stage II procharger~DONE, Alky Control Methanol Spray System~To do

Jet,

COS5 is from here, see posts #167 and #168 on page 17: showthread.php?t=2599

Which OS did you start from... you may have to copy your calibration table-by-table if you didn't start with 12212156, but that only takes about 1 hour... might need a second opinion here...

You may be requiring some idle tuning... there's a few idle tuning threads.

Cheers,
    Joe

Thanks Joe,
    1. My stock OS was 12593358, I upgraded it to 02040003.
    Could I do a Full reflash with COS5 and then do a Calibration only reflash with COS3?
    Or do I need to start over with 12212256?

EDIT: Nevermind....figured #1 out.

2. I started over with my original back up of the COS3 before making any changes for autoVE.

3. I made changes to some of the injector tables to mimic those found on this thread http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4311

4. I copied the mainVE table and some idle parameters from a tune found on holdencrazy of a car with a similar cam.

5. I maxed out C6101, in hopes not to go into reduced power mode.

6. I cranked the car, it idled great with AFR ossilating around 14.7. It ran for about 30-45 sec and went dead and displayed reduced power mode on the DTC.

7. I pulled the following codes:
    P0102 "Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Low"
    P0106 "Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Performance"
    P1514 "MAP/MAF - Throttle Position Correlation"

I tracked those codes back and verified that I had done what the tutorial had suggested to disable the MAF. I noticed that my C2904 is set to 1300, should it be 1? My MAF is a 5 wire one with the IAT sensor built in, I cut the yellow wire that sends the signal to the pcm.

8. This is a question I should probably ask after I get my car running, but I'll go ahead and do it. If I choose method 2 in the tutorial to enable PE mode for the boost levels to richen the AFR, what should are some good numbers to enter into B3608, B3610-13, B3643-45 and how do you make sure that your PCM doesn't drop out of PE mode?

Thanks for everyones help!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JET LEE; March 26th, 2007 at 06:02 AM.

Wow....there's quite a learning curve to this tuning stuff...

I think I've read this entire forum now and everything tuning related on ls1tech and redhardsupra's blog site and a couple other references.

After doing that, I reverted back to my engineering background and made flow charts of what affected what and then I did log after log after log changing paramaters and logging more. Finally, it paid off...my car runs awesome! Getting it dyno'ed this weekend to see where my numbers are.

Special thanks to EFILIVE for this awesome forum and to Joecar and DC_Justin, hope I didn't bug you guys too much

Lessons learned....
    Don't start off with someones else's tune.
    A procharged, cammed Z06 isn't probably a good car to start your tuning career on.
    I need to upgrade my fuel system....a better flowing pump and a map referenced regulator is in my near future

Dyno'd at 595 rwhp 508 rwtq with 5.5 psi at Triple X Motorsports. We went back to the stock OS, but pegged the MAF out in the process. He tunes with EFILive too and is a great tuner!

EFILive is awesome!

Jet,

Good job mate, power/torque rules...

I agree, RHS has some good info on his blog site.

You didn't bug us at all (...I'm taking the liberty of speaking for Justin...), we're happy to help; I'm still travelling (my Mrs. wanted to extend our little vacation) so I still haven't been able to look at all your attachments, sorry about that.

You're right, the learning curve is a steep mountain, and when you think you're approaching the top, you see a whole bunch of "peaks" (and "holes") all over the top of the mountain...

How does it idle...?

C2904... I can't remember what table that is (I have no way of looking at it till Friday...)...?

Cheers
    Joe

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    You didn't bug us at all (...I'm taking the liberty of speaking for Justin...),
    Yep, not a bother at all. I wish I could have helped more, but just didn't have the time to get to it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123