Thread: Great joke thought you guys would enjoy this.

Default Great joke thought you guys would enjoy this.

This was sent to me from one of my friends and i thought it was good so here ya go.

Gates vs. GM

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "'If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.'

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating:

If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following
    characteristics (and I just love this part):

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash........ Twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to
    pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and
    reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply
    accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut
    down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times
    as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by
    a single 'This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation' warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask 'Are you sure?' before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to
    let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed
    hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all
    over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the 'Start' button to turn the engine OFF.

Yeah , seen that before , pretty funny and sad but true .
    Number 5 is the best , got to love Winders .
    I have not used Winders regularly for over 4 years now , only when forced to , tuning , gaming , taxes , so I have had 0 problems with it .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Well, based on the current Vista "wow" experience, you'd need to add something like:

GM would advertise your car could run on as little as a 1:10 mixture of fuel & water and a 1 cylinder 2-stroke motor. While this would somehow work, it only moves at a crawl, as for actually getting anywhere will require a 500HP V12 that averages 2mpg on 100 Octane fuel. Most of the fuel usage though is used to power the dash board and the on-board entertainment system, which is close to impossible to disable, getting on your nerves every time you actually try to get anywhere in the car.
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by PladdPezzPunk
    10. You'd have to press the 'Start' button to turn the engine OFF.
    Please correct me, but aren't there quite a few cars that do exactly that?
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Garry
    Well, based on the current Vista "wow" experience, you'd need to add something like:

GM would advertise your car could run on as little as a 1:10 mixture of fuel & water and a 1 cylinder 2-stroke motor. While this would somehow work, it only moves at a crawl, as for actually getting anywhere will require a 500HP V12 that averages 2mpg on 100 Octane fuel. Most of the fuel usage though is used to power the dash board and the on-board entertainment system, which is close to impossible to disable, getting on your nerves every time you actually try to get anywhere in the car.
    good one .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

lol... that's good...

4 engineers were in a car driving down the freeway when the car dies...
    the Mech. Eng. says "timing chain broke..."
    the Elec. Eng. says "burned out coil..."
    the Chem. Eng. says "contaminated gas..."
    the MSCE says "I have no idea, but close all windows, get out of car, get back in car, uninstall "Plus!", tune radio to 101.1 FM, empty ash tray, remove contents of trunk, and maybe it will start..."