Thread: can you still buy V1 licenses after upgrading to V2?

Default can you still buy V1 licenses after upgrading to V2?

I just purchased the V2 upgrade mainly to do my LBZ diesel, I am not going to transfer any licenses off the old V1 cable (about 10 used on there) and I was wondering since I will still use the V1 for BB logging for now if I can still purchase licenses for it. I'm not sure if once you use the SN to upgrade to V2 if that stops you from buying V1 licenses for it or not.

kp,

I believe once you do the upgrade procedure, you won't be able to add any licenses to V1.

Licenses are used only for flashing... you don't need any licenses to do logging.

And you don't need any licenses to flash 98's.

Cheers
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    kp,

I believe once you do the upgrade procedure, you won't be able to add any licenses to V1.

Licenses are used only for flashing... you don't need any licenses to do logging.

And you don't need any licenses to flash 98's.

Cheers
    Joe

I know on the 98 thing but I am fooling with an 02 Z06 right now. No big deal to wait for the V2 box to get here but I was a little disappointed to see the BB logging wasnt working on the V2 :(

Naturally the V1 would still have some resale value if you could add licenses to it as well. I read where if you transfer your current V1 licensed to the V2 you cant add licenses with it anymore but I was curious on if you dont transfer or if you have to transfer to make the V2 active, figure there is still 1500.00 worth of licenses to be bought for the old V1 cable even if its not by me in the future

Doesnt matter to me really either way, Paul has always been generous with his upgrades and even if I had to throw the V1 away its hard to complain about the upgrade price since its the same price as a limited handheld LBZ tuner..

kp,

V1 is still useable... when you upgrade, V1 still retains all of it's old used licenses, do not throw V1 away...
    you just can't add new ones to it... (so use V1 to flash any new PCM's before you do the upgrade to V2).

the free/unused licenses get moved to V2, the used licenses get copied to V2...

You have to do the upgrade to make V2 active... but V1 still remains useable, don't throw it away.

See this thread, read it thru to the end: showthread.php?t=4248

And you don't need license to do logging, BB logging, or bidirectional mode (V1 will still be able to do this).

Paul will have BB logging on V2 sometime soon.

Joe
    Last edited by joecar; March 19th, 2007 at 07:39 AM.

OK, didnt realize you had to connect the two together to make the V2 work. Wonder if the V1 will still tune 98s or is that moved to the V2 as well?

I'll probably just buy and license this C5 to the V1 first before I transfer them since I know everything works fine.

Thanks for clearing all that up, I searched around but didnt find the right post.

Quote Originally Posted by kp
    OK, didnt realize you had to connect the two together to make the V2 work. Wonder if the V1 will still tune 98s or is that moved to the V2 as well?

I'll probably just buy and license this C5 to the V1 first before I transfer them since I know everything works fine.

Thanks for clearing all that up, I searched around but didnt find the right post.
    You connect both to your PC/laptop's USB ports and run the upgrade option;

Yes, that way you'll be able to use both V1 and V2 to flash your C5.

Click on this: showthread.php?t=4248

Cheers
    Joe