Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on 2002 Chevrolet Blazer 4.3lt V6

Smile Question on 2002 Chevrolet Blazer 4.3lt V6

Gidday, a quick question for the Tuners over there in America.

My wife is buying a 2002 Chevrolet Blazer 4.3lt V6 Auto 4x4.

Question 1: Am i correct in thinking that the engine is the Vortec?
    2: Does EFI live support this vehicle for tuning the engine and is the gearbox controlled by a tuneable TCM?
    3: If so what ECM and TCM does it have?
    4: If it is supported, are there good gains after tuning?

I currently own my own EFI live that i use for tuning my LS3 with a 6L80E transmission for my own pleasure, if the wife buys this car i will want to make it my next tuning project.

Your info will be appreciated

Regards Scotty
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

Lifetime Member

2002 with a 4.3L V6 should be a LS1B PCM (engine and tranny controls all in one). Yes, EFI Live supports that !!!

Lifetime Member

If it is the same as the 2002 Blazers here in the states, then is will have the 12200411 LS1b PCM and is supported by EFILive.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

Lifetime Member

Yep, pretty easy to tune them! My buddy has an 02 Blazer I pulled the tune from, Ill attach it for ya!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Yep, pretty easy to tune them! My buddy has an 02 Blazer I pulled the tune from, Ill attach it for ya!
    Cheers for that dude.........The wife has just bought the blazer, have just pulled the tune out and its the same as the one you posted with the exception of the trans calibrations.......looks like my wifes blazer has different ratios......other than that the engine calibrations are the same

Thanks for your help

Cheers Scotty
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

Lifetime Member

It was a pretty decent motor (With the exception of intake manifold gaskets and distributor housings/bearing breaking). Mine has held up to a beating so far. The biggest grief is if you want to get more power out of it, putting bigger injectors in it will require a different intake manifold.
    E85 is NOT flex fuel.

2003 Chevy S10 4.3L LU3 LS1B Auto
    48 LB injectors
    Race Proven Motors 2114 intake
    T70 turbo.

Lifetime Member

Or Al Martin (Wynjammer) 36lb poppets

Is there much gain in torque just from tuning the spark with the engine in stock form? cause looking at a log i did the spark seems very low .........going to do another log to see where the octane scaler is at cause i think the previous owner used low octane fuel. Will see how it goes cause since the wife bought it i got her to fill it with 95 octane
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

Lifetime Member

2003_S10_4.3_M5_TGSIO2+PE+AFR+SparkCorrect+DFCOSpeed.tun2003_S10_4.3_M5_Stock_Tune.tunNot sure but I would not mind if you share with me your findings
    I mildly altered some areas of my spark tuning. For some odd reason my stock spark map was incorrcect but could have been caused by the old JET programmer I had once.

Attached is my tune file stock that was not correct.
    The second one attached is my current tune. I copied the spark Hi-Lo tables from another stock file I found on the download stock files website. I compared 3 different 4.3 stock files from that site for Manual, Auto and 3 different years they had available. Those all matched up the same, but mine stock was different.
    Like I said it may have gotten altered with past programmer. Had a weird dip as you see.
    I may have bumped up a few areas too but not sure. I do get some KR on my logs when using low octane and in the summer heat here in Florida.

In my last current tune I have a small DFCO alteration and PE alteration.
    Other than my alterations for tire and rear gear swap, manual upshift light removal, rear O2 code removal, etc.

Hope this helps, Michel

Quote Originally Posted by Mikz86ta View Post
    2003_S10_4.3_M5_TGSIO2+PE+AFR+SparkCorrect+DFCOSpeed.tun2003_S10_4.3_M5_Stock_Tune.tunNot sure but I would not mind if you share with me your findings
    I mildly altered some areas of my spark tuning. For some odd reason my stock spark map was incorrcect but could have been caused by the old JET programmer I had once.

Attached is my tune file stock that was not correct.
    The second one attached is my current tune. I copied the spark Hi-Lo tables from another stock file I found on the download stock files website. I compared 3 different 4.3 stock files from that site for Manual, Auto and 3 different years they had available. Those all matched up the same, but mine stock was different.
    Like I said it may have gotten altered with past programmer. Had a weird dip as you see.
    I may have bumped up a few areas too but not sure. I do get some KR on my logs when using low octane and in the summer heat here in Florida.

In my last current tune I have a small DFCO alteration and PE alteration.
    Other than my alterations for tire and rear gear swap, manual upshift light removal, rear O2 code removal, etc.

Hope this helps, Michel
    Will do Micheal thanks
    2008 HSV GTS LS3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast