Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2001 Silverado 4x4 LM7 Vortec with Whipple & 42lb injectors

Default 2001 Silverado 4x4 LM7 Vortec with Whipple & 42lb injectors

Looking for tune help to remove piggyback Whipple controller on a 01 silverado 4X4 with 5.3L. Have added delphi 42 lb injectors. Have CAI,Borla 3" catback and edelbrock headers,4l60E, 35" Tires. Any help would be appriciated.I have a new V2 commercial EFILive.

THX
    Bratch

Default Done :)

Took 33 hrs to complete 400 rwhp with 37's. Would have been nice to of had some forum help?

01 Silverado, Edlebrock Headers, 3" Borla,Whipple supercharger,42lb injectors,AirRaid, no piggyback. chevy "Roys Toy" Bushwacker.com

Lifetime Member

Glad to hear its done, sorry you didnt get any help. :(

Im not that good at tuning, as my TrailBlazer with the I6 is much different than the V8s, so I couldnt have really told you anything.

What COS are you running, COS 3 or COS 5?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch
    Looking for tune help to remove piggyback Whipple controller on a 01 silverado 4X4 with 5.3L. Have added delphi 42 lb injectors. Have CAI,Borla 3" catback and edelbrock headers,4l60E, 35" Tires. Any help would be appriciated.I have a new V2 commercial EFILive.

THX
    Bratch
    Would have been nice to of had some forum help?
    Kind of hard to help when you don't actually ask any questions... Did you want us to come over and help you?
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

It might be that you posted into the wrong forum listing also. This is the sub forum for the black vortec pcm type trucks from 1998-2000.

As for tables to change to get rid of your fueling add on box.

Injector flow rate for your injectors, and pe vs rpm for wot fuel. Ve for fine tuning. Maf transfer table if you have a modded or not stock maf.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

My Bad, I am New to this forum and EFI, Should have spent the first 30 hours researching on EFI protocols to know exactly what questions to ask? Thought that more experienced individuals would through me a bone. wait4me thanks for the positive response even under my naive questioning as for kbracing96 maybe you should kick your bloodhound more often to relive your obviously over strenuous stessful life exacerbated by driving a 4.8L
    Email me and I will send you a Dictionary to decode this and I am guessing other emails.

My Bad, I am New to this forum and EFI, Should have spent the first 30 hours researching on EFI protocols to know exactly what questions to ask? Thought that more experienced individuals would through me a bone. wait4me thanks for the positive response even under my naive questioning as for kbracing96 maybe you should kick your bloodhound more often to relive your obviously over strenuous stessful life exacerbated by driving a 4.8L
    Email me and I will send you a Dictionary to decode this and I am guessing other emails.
    If I came off sounding like a prick I apologize. I'm always glad to help, but when you just give a vague, blanket question, asking for any help, it hard to know where to start and what you already know or don't know. It's all in the details.

As for my 4.8 truck, I be happy to run ya, are you in the 12's or are you going to need lenths?
    Last edited by kbracing96; March 31st, 2007 at 12:24 PM.

Default Miss Communication

No Harm No Foul,Just good old fashion American miss-communication Its a 4x4 and I will race up any steep hill
    At least we both have Chevy's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twin Screw.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	1465  

No Harm No Foul,Just good old fashion American miss-communication Its a 4x4 and I will race up any steep hill
    At least we both have Chevy's

I'm 4x4 too tipping the scales at 5500lbs That 4.8 ran 12.79 @ 105.3 last weekend That snow is not just for looks, lol

Got a specific question, On the scan readiness. All items are shown in ready condition with exception of evap and HTR ? any ideas on what conditions must be met to change these to ready condition? Have to get this through emission testing after engine swap.

THX
    Roy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twin Screw.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	1466  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast