Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems! Car won't start!!

Default Problems! Car won't start!!

I decided to remove skip shift today on my 2002 Z06. I read the PCM and the read went to 4kb and stopped so I hit stop and tried again and it worked so I disabled skip shift and registered my pcm. I reflashed the pcm with the changed tune and that went perfect and I went to start it and it just cranked. I realised that the fuel pump relay was turning on and off rapidly and there were all sorts of warnings on the driver information center. I tried to reconnect and put the original tune in it, but it wouldn't connect no matter what I did, I couldn't even scan. I tried pulling the battery cable for about 10-15 minutes and that didn't help. I'm lost and want to drive my new car so bad. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Brian

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Does the orange led on flashscan flash constantly about 4 times per second? If so then the PCM is in dead-poll. You'll need to reflash back in your stock file and start again. If that is the case, can you send me the original file and the file that you flashed in so I can compare them please. (paul@efilive.com)

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Just out of interest, did you perform a calibration only flash or a full flash?

Regards
    Paul

What sort of information was being presented to you?

Sounds electrical - is there any ather device that is possibly communicating on the data bus?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

If you want, send the tun you flashed in to ross at efilive dot com and I'll program it into a PCM here and see if I get the same issue.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I believe that the orange light is flashing rapidly like you are refering to. My question is how do I put the stock file back in now that I cannot connect to the PCM since I get the can't communicate type message every time I try to reflash or scan the PCM. I already tried to reflash the stock tune and it couldn't connect then too.
    Last edited by CRU SS N; March 25th, 2007 at 03:08 AM.

Another weird thing I noticed is that the tune files were around 470kb in size, but I thaught they would be at least 512kb. Is that a problem?

I was reading another post and realised this could be the problem. I did set the pulses per mile up to max (255???) to be funny when my brother drove it next, but I don't know if this could have caused the issue. The post I read the guy set it to 0 and had the problem.

Also I was only doing a partial reflash as far as I know since I do not have the pro edition. I would be glad to upgrade as long as it fixes the problem by reflashing everything with a stock tune from an 02 Z06.

I'm not too sure what you are refering to when you are asking about any other devices communicating with the data bus. Is that problem on the PC side or the vehicle side?
    Last edited by CRU SS N; March 25th, 2007 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRU SS N
    I believe that the orange light is flashing rapidly like you are refering to. My question is how do I put the stock file back in now that I cannot connect to the PCM since I get the can't communicate type message every time I try to reflash or scan the PCM. I already tried to reflash the stock tune and it couldn't connect then too.
    The fact that the orange LED is flashing continuously means that the PCM is alive and well and that it just needs to have a valid calibration flashed into it.

Firstly, make sure you are using the latest V7.3.3 software, available here:
    http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx

Can you connect to the FlashScan device when no vehicle is present? You can test that by selecting the Tuning Tool menu option: Help->FlashScan V1 PCM licensing. If the FlashScan device details show up then you can connect to FlashScan Ok. If not then there is a problem between the PC and FlashScan.

Open your stock *.tun file and select the calibration-only reflash toolbar icon. Click on the [Status] button and EFILive should inform you that the PCM has no valid calibration and that you may continue with the flash operation.

Clcik the [Start] button to reflash your PCM.

If you get any other error message or EFILive does not reflash your PCM, please locate a matching *.blx file in the folder
    \Program Files\EFILive\V7\Bug Reports.
    The file you need to find will have the date and time (of the most recent attempt) embedded into the file name like this:
    YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS_Download.blx
    where YYYYMMDD is the year, month and day and HHMMSS is the hour minute and second that you made the most recent attempt.

Please send that file to paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CRU SS N
    I was reading another post and realised this could be the problem. I did set the pulses per mile up to max (255???) to be funny when my brother drove it next, but I don't know if this could have caused the issue. The post I read the guy set it to 0 and had the problem.
    EFILive prvents you from setting the pulses per mile setting below 100 or above about 95% of the maximum to prevent that problem, so you should not have to worry about that - unless you are using a very old version of the software.

Regards
    Paul

I'm downloading the current software, is there anything I need to do special that isn't in the instructions that come with the software? I'll try that and see if that helps out any.

Thanks, Brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast