Thread: EFILive on a PSP

Default EFILive on a PSP

Hi All,

Thought this might spark some ideas.
    For those lucky enough to own a PSP it is possible to use EFILive on it. Using some homebrew software on the PSP you can do like a remote desktop hookup with a PC.
    The PC can be connected to the vehicle and you can then use the PSP to control EFILive on the PC.

See HERE (mov file ~6Mb)

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ohhhh the possibilities.

To see the video, you have to Right click on the link and SAVE AS. then it will download and you can view it.
    Last edited by wait4me; March 28th, 2007 at 02:26 PM.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Lifetime Member

Cool!!

Too bad I dont have a PSP.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

very cool

Hm ... the only cars that had a PSP on board (and I've seen to date) were some ricers with Asian Imports ... and those were far from actually "tuning" their cars in the sense of improving motor performance ...

Edit: OK, misread, thought you meant the regular PS ... but apart from being able to put the Notebook somewhere else and use the PSP as remote display, what's the point? Sure, couple of coolness-points there ...
    Last edited by Garry; March 28th, 2007 at 05:09 PM.
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Garry
    Hm ... the only cars that had a PSP on board (and I've seen to date) were some ricers with Asian Imports ... and those were far from actually "tuning" their cars in the sense of improving motor performance ...

Edit: OK, misread, thought you meant the regular PS ... but apart from being able to put the Notebook somewhere else and use the PSP as remote display, what's the point? Sure, couple of coolness-points there ...
    Might just be the ticket for me. Local redneck track has been getting uptight about my fully secure laptop in it's "Ram" mount. Last time, I just got done with my burn out and was staging and this hayseed throws open my passenger door spazing out. I had to take my helmet off just to hear what this creatin had to say, completely blowing my concentration.
    This was only a "Test & Tune" and arguing with this rube was like arguing with a Walmart greeter- he "let" me make the run but "would'nt allow" subsequent runs. Mgt. had to back up this mongoloid, citing the NHRA rule about data loggers.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

That was one main reason for me to do this. The tracks are getting strict here too. :(
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Lifetime Member

Wait, so your tracks arent letting you race with laptops in your cars at all? I can understand the need and want for the PSP then. Ive never hit up a track, but when I do I plan on taking a laptop so I can log my run. Might have to find a friend with a PSP and run some homebrew on it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.