Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A new twist to enable a 'psuedo lean cruise'?

So if the valve was disabled, but the operation remained as intended, what would the result be? That is the question. Would it give you a leaner cruise operation during that time only?

If we are correct in our assumption that the amount of fuel being injected is decreased during EGR opperation, then yes; it would cause a lean condition. But it would use the same exact amount of fuel that way as it would during normal EGR opperation. There are two possible problems though: 1. I have hear reports of removing the EGR causing pinging due to the fact the the mixture gets so lean with the inert atmosphere taking up space. 2. im not sure how you would get it to work because the is an EGR pintle position sensor that runs in parallel to the activator circuit. It checks to make sure that the EGR is indeed where the computer comanded it to be. It will know that the item isnt there and isnt moving.

truethinker, welcome to the forum.

Default thanks

yea i guess i forewent the whole introductions part but im knew to this forum as im sure is obvious. Im gonna be buying efilive within the next month and wanted to get a feel for what info was availible to me.

here's an intro

I Have a '96 chevy k1500 5.7L that will soon a cam, new ported and polished heads, roller 1.6 rockers, a 12200411 computer, headers, dual exhaust, full tranny overhaul and full rear end rebuild. along with a braked dyno tune and eventually a street four link.

all work done by yours truely

any input over the next two months would be greatly appreciated

peace
    Jesse

I have a 99 K2500 454 Burb that I am looking at doing a 0411 swap so I can ditch the old school PCM.

Lifetime Member

OK, I feel really stupid, but what is so great about the 0411 PCM? Is it an LSx based one so you can run a COS on it?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Default 411

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22
    OK, I feel really stupid, but what is so great about the 0411 PCM? Is it an LSx based one so you can run a COS on it?

I have not yet experienced the difference personally yet but I have read many accounts of improved opperation. I have a '96 truck so for me the 411 is will be 5 years newer technology for one thing. It has faster processing and is much more compatible with tuning. There were many glitches in the '96/'97 computers which has alot to do with my wanting to switch. also the 411 is compatible with EFIive. The loophole that allows use of this LSx computer with an L31 engine(the 96-99 V8) is that the 411 was used in the exrpess vans with an L31. that makes it the newest computer that is useable.

There are reports of better fuel mileage, smoother shifting, better idle, more power and all around improved drivability

I'll give you my personal opinion based on experience in a month or so

Lifetime Member

OK, thanks for the quick rundown man. Makes a ton of sense to me, I might have to do a 07+ LL8 swap for my 02 PCM as for 07 the P12 PCM gets another mb of RAM, think 2MB. Im thinking that may be much more accommodating for a COS for the LL8.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Default Yes

The 0411 allows the use of COS, which makes for tuning to suit FI alot better.
    I'm in the tuning process at present. EASY, easy swap!
    I had to run 4 wires to the trany and that's all.
    The 96-98 PCM's are also limited to I think 5600rpm.
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

My 96 after Jesse tuned it would go to 5900 (I did it once), but I honestly didn't push it, didn't want to lunch the 235K mile engine! Unless the tach was off, that is how high it ran to. I honestly don't remember if the rev limiter kicked in or not, we lost the truck to an accident with a hit and run with a semi on the interstate in May 06. I sold it to someone in Aurora, IL, so it is still around, but Jesse has the PCM now.

What four wires did you need to run to the trans? I have a 4L80E with a L29 454.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast