Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: went to cos5

Default went to cos5

Well guys i finally found the time to make the switch to cos 5. I went through all the tutorials, and merged my 2000 os with the corresponding 2002 os. Well i made all the switches and everything and got it all into the car and it starts and runs... very happy with that. BUT after all the time i spent merging the files the dang thing wont idle worth a crap now.

Before i did the merge i got the car to where it would start up and idle perfect. It would go strait to the correct rpm and never had a hickup, now the thing searches for idle if it starts at all without giving it some gas to keep her alive. Once again i went through the cos tutorial and made all the changes it requires. The files i were using were in SD mode, running mafless, it was setup to where i was autoVE'ing it everytime i drove it. I copied everything almost exactly where it could be , so i thought

My thought maybe that since the 2002 tun has so many different maps compared to a 2000 , and some didnt correspond, that may be part of the problem....ill post some files....

one is the COS5 file that im using, that starts the best.
    the other will be the latest original OS that was idling PERFECT
    ill also throw in a screen shot of start up (bad idle, had to give it gas to keep from dying)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why is your IAT at 158deg? That may have something to do with it

MSURacing,

Welcome to the forum...

Good observation.

just looking at you pic and your actual is reading very lean at 17.56. I opened you tun file and your VE is quite low. Your running around 25% in the idle cells. Try boosting it up 50% initially in the <1200 rpm cells. This should get you idleing. Then do another AutoVE. Abit of smooting wouldn't go astray either. Good luck.

Macca, [belated] welcome to the forum.

Is that a VE table or a topographical map of the Rocky Mountains? You'll find an engine runs much more smoothly and consistently if values in adjacent cells are relatively close to each other. I seriously doubt that at 4400 rpm, any enigne runs at a VE of 60% at 70kPa and 102% at 75 kPa, then dives to 74.9% at 80kPa. You definitely need to do some smoothing. Can you give us some enigne specs-- displacement, cam other mods?
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

sorry guys ive been outta touch. I understand what you are saying about how its so high in one spot and then ridiculous in the next. But each time i log my Bens take me right back to there.
    the reason the iat was so high is because i just got done driving the car and let it set for a few minutes so it must have heated up, but when i logged while driving it is consistantly below 100F

as far as it running 17.56 it only does that right after you start the car. it will stay running lean until you drive it, then as soon as you go drive it, the AFR will be right where it is supposed to and so if i changed my VE to 50% it would be WAYY to rich other then when i first started it up. From what i understand the TPSvsRPM table in COS5 is supposed to help that problem.

as far as the car, its a 2000 Camaro SS stock displacement ls1 with F14 cam
    .598/.598 232/234 on a 112LSA. I also have fast 90/90 intake and throttle body, headers, off road ypipe. Nitrous dave's plate kit. and other misc. mods.

Quote Originally Posted by BACKinBLACK
    as far as it running 17.56 it only does that right after you start the car. it will stay running lean until you drive it, then as soon as you go drive it, the AFR will be right where it is supposed to and so if i changed my VE to 50% it would be WAYY to rich other then when i first started it up. From what i understand the TPSvsRPM table in COS5 is supposed to help that problem.
    I haven't looked at your .tun file, but unless you've turned it off, the "smog pump" will run after start-up, and that could explain the 17.56 AFR. Make sure the engine is at normal operating coolant temp before you start data logging, otherwise warm-up enrichment will still be adding fuel and your tuning will be based on incorrect information.

I can never get AutoVE to give me anything I find acceptable for a VE map, so I tune VE using the NonautoVE method. I look at specific areas of the log and make changes based on commanded versus Wideband AFR. Use whatever method works for you, but if you're using AutoVE, be sure to filter out throttle transitions or the data will be skewed.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Smog pump is not only disabled but removed. I dont actually log the data as far as autoVE'ing purposes until the Car is completely warmed up, but i just logged this segment when i first started the car so i could see what was going on when the car wouldnt start and idle like it should. Plus the car wasnt dead cold, i had driven it probably 20-30 minutes before that screen shot.

I think your problem is because your are not really in OLSD, but some quasi no man's land. First off, B3618 PE Mod by RPM should all be set to "1" not 1.25 EQ or 11.7 AFR that is in your 0004.tun file . B3647 Open Loop fueling based on RPM is waaaay too lean, read the AutoVE tutorial again and it tells you exactly how to setup this important table. P0101, P0102, P0103 all have to be set to 1 trip. Set C2904, C2906 to "1";
    A0016 all to "0"; A0008 is for modifying your initial leaness, enrich here for startup/warm up situations. Completely start over with that VE table/ AutoVE tuning process.

Appendix B of the tuning manual is mandatory reading if you have not already been there. I have found life to be much more argreable since I decided to surrender and recalibrate my mind into "thinking" like the pcm. Once you reorganize your tuning efforts around how the pcm thinks by using the "default units" that it uses/does all of the calculations in the calibrations, tuning will be a breeze with EFI Live.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast