Thread: What should I run my car in....

Default What should I run my car in....

OLSD, CLSD. I've run the car in both in the past. Right now I'm in OLSD but I think I should change. I believe it causes inconsistancys from day to day. Like for instance at the track a/f on one day may be different than than another.

Any info will be greatly appriciated.

I'd say CLMAF, OLMAF, or CLSD.

CLMAF will help keep you the most consistent. The down sides are, you'll be a little rich down low (under 1200rpms), you may have to deal with the O2 switching issues common on long tube header cars, and it takes a little more time to dial in the MAF after the VE.

OLMAF will help get rid of most (but not all) of the inconsistency you see day to day. Again, down side is the extra time required to tune for the MAF.

CLSD will also help to get rid of a lot of the inconsistencies. But, the down side here is certain days may see positive fuel trims that carry over to WOT.

Pick your poison.

OLSD with a COS gets my vote. More reason to upgrade the pcm. The Open loop fueling table within the COS's base on RPM vs. MAP gives you more resolution than the stock OL fueling table based on ECT vs. MAP.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    OLSD with a COS gets my vote. More reason to upgrade the pcm. The Open loop fueling table within the COS's base on RPM vs. MAP gives you more resolution than the stock OL fueling table based on ECT vs. MAP.
    I know I know Doc im going to start piece together what I need to upgrade. I may do it next winter. Because you keep telling me too. :lol:
    I will be in contact with you when I Begin.