Thread: starts for 1 sec and then dies

Default starts for 1 sec and then dies

I THOUGHT for sure this was the theft setting i had read about but stumbled on something that fixed mine. I dunno why but changing my maf table to all zeros even though i am OLSD would kill the car immediately and it wouldnt restart..well start then die after 1 sec. Undo maf change and it would start. I did it 3 times in a row. Once it was running, i had rr set to update on the fly...set all maf table to zero and it didnt die. Weird. The other weird thing it did was this...scan and tune running.. connected...rr set to update realtime...went to clear codes and car died immediately....started back up but was strange doing that

important thing to remember is to make sure the PCM knows the MAF has failed. A common mistake it people turn OFF the DTC check for P0102, you must not do that. You need to have the P0102 MIL set to Off, but leave P0102 DTC check enabled.
    The PCM runs in SD mode initially anyway (MAF or no MAF), if it does not know the MAF is dead (or missing) it will still attempt to run off the MAF and not default to SD after the engine has fired.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

ahh...ok mil off but 102dtc set to 1-2-0r 3? I am assuming 3-non emissions. Please verify that for me. I will change it in just a few minutes and post the results

3 will be fine
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

What did you come up with? Did this fix your problem.

yes it did! My 15 yo daughter and I were out running around in the car and she was the one getting the autove data logs and applying them to the roadrunner in realtime driving down the road...just AWESOME. Once i start to play with RTACS, who knows how much fun ill have.

Now that's better than playing with Barbie dolls!