Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LBZ Main Injection Pulse Time

Lifetime Member

Default LBZ Main Injection Pulse Time

I've logged a few times and everything seems to be working like it should. The only thing that really bugs me is I can't seem to figure out how to log main injection pulse time. When it's at idle it sits right around 400 uS or a little more, but as soon as I give the truck any throttle it drops to right around 300 uS. Is anyone else having trouble logging this on the LBZ ECM or is it just me? If it worked for you what PID are you using?

Josh, can you please forward one of your log files to support@efilive.com

Thanks,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Ross, I'll send it when I get home this afternoon. Thanks.

Lifetime Member

Okay, I just found a log file I had posted on another website. I emailed it to the support@efilive address. If it doesn't work for you let me know and I'll send you another log this afternoon when I get home from work.

Lifetime Member

Alright, I just resent another email with 4 files zipped into one folder. Hopefully this time the attachment doesn't get deleted.

I think it might be an issue with the scantool, I'm looking in to it.

Thanks,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Ross, I got that update you emailed loaded in my computer. It now logs higher, but it still doesn't seem to match what my tuning is saying it should be. Just as an example, last night I made a tune that called for 1858 uS at 26,000 PSI of rail pressure and 100 mm3 of fuel. According to my log, at these values I'm only getting 1558 uS of injection duration. Is that normal or is my log not logging accurately?

Also, unless I missed something I don't see a way to log desired or delivered torque. I don't think my mm3 is following my tune requests either, but I don't know why and I think being able to log torque would help me figure out what is going on.

edit: I do have torque PIDs, but they don't validate on my truck. I guess I'm wondering if they should or not.
    Last edited by JoshH; April 17th, 2007 at 02:47 AM.

Don't expect the times to match your main pulse table exactly, though, that does seem a little way out. It's possible you have too many PID's selected and the communications delay between actual and reported is out.

As for the torque, the DMA PID for that was not defined for your operating system, I've since added it in. It will be in the next update.

Cheers,
    Ross

Lifetime Member

Thanks Ross. Is there a target number of PIDs we should have enabled to achieve the best possible logging?

It's not so much the number of PID's, it's the number of channels.
    Try to aim for 24 or less channels for best speed, and on the LBZ ECM that will give you very fast data logging.
    The number on channels is shown at the bottom of the PID selection screen in the scantool.

Cheers,
    Ross

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast