Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: problem reading allison 6 speed TCM

Default problem reading allison 6 speed TCM

i downloaded the newest beta to try reading my allison,I've upated the firmware. It connects & appers to be reading fine, but when its done it pops up an error message that says bad file format, please send a copy to efi tech support.

my truck is a 07 classic OS is 12606128

am I doing anything wrong or is my truck just not supported.

It should normally say unsupported TCM file not bad file format, either way if you can send it through to support@efilive.com we can take a look at what is going on.
    There was an unsupported LMM TCM file sent in just yesterday.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

nope I tried it twice it reads it but saved it as badfileformat.tun & wont let me open it, I emailed to you

Unrelated, but is the same true for the A40 TCM as other modules where when you read the module, EFILive reads EVERYTHING that's in it's memory, and if one where to do a full flash later of that read, it would make the module exactly the way it was at the time of the read? If so, there's under 200k in the huge 2MB flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281
    Unrelated, but is the same true for the A40 TCM as other modules where when you read the module, EFILive reads EVERYTHING that's in it's memory, and if one where to do a full flash later of that read, it would make the module exactly the way it was at the time of the read? If so, there's under 200k in the huge 2MB flash?
    On some computers it is not possible to read the entire flash, both the LBZ ECM and TCM (in a a way) fall in to this catagory. On all the Delphi computers we are able to read the entire flash memory.
    This is one of the reasons we don't have full flashing on the LBZ ECM, though we could program the 2Mb of flash and the CPU's internal flash we can't read it all out, the ECM won't let us, we needed to use a debug port on the CPU to get all the data out (you need to rip the ECM apart to get to it).
    The Allison LBZ TCM will allow a full read, but, it places some restrictions on the speed it can be done!, we decided not to read the entire TCM because that would take about 45mins! (we timed it), instead we only read the calibrations and some other vehicle specific data from within the flash.

Samdogmx, I believe Andrew at support is working with you on your problems?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    On some computers it is not possible to read the entire flash, both the LBZ ECM and TCM (in a a way) fall in to this catagory. On all the Delphi computers we are able to read the entire flash memory.
    This is one of the reasons we don't have full flashing on the LBZ ECM, though we could program the 2Mb of flash and the CPU's internal flash we can't read it all out, the ECM won't let us, we needed to use a debug port on the CPU to get all the data out (you need to rip the ECM apart to get to it).
    The Allison LBZ TCM will allow a full read, but, it places some restrictions on the speed it can be done!, we decided not to read the entire TCM because that would take about 45mins! (we timed it), instead we only read the calibrations and some other vehicle specific data from within the flash.

Cheers,
    Ross
    So does that mean that technically, we could full read/flash the A40 TCM, but it would just take a long time? If so, any chance we could be given the option to do either one? Reason I ask is I am going by my local Allison delaer, and I may want to preserve the entire contents after that visit. I'd be reading/programming on the bench so time's not a big deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX

Cheers,
    Ross

yes, I did everything as he instructed me to, but so far I'm still having the same issue.

I am having the same problem with the TCM read failing. I have a 06 also with OS 12606128. I can send my BadFileFormat.tun file too, if it helps.

Ron

I just sent one your way too. Seems after my visit to the Alli dealer, it won't read now

I don't think it's the dealer, it's like a syncronised failure of all Allison TCM reading............ok, it's a bug that must have crept in to the latest update. It will be fixed ASAP.

Cheers,
    Ross

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast