Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Installing shift light using comp to control it, need some help....

Default Installing shift light using comp to control it, need some help....

Hey guys, we just picked up an '04 GTO to add to the family, and i've almost got everything done, just gotta tap into pin 47 on the comp, but I can't figure out how to get the stupid gray cover off the pcm plug to see what the pin #'s are, any help is appreciated, thanks!!! And when it's done, i'll put up some pics, it's super sweet how I have it setup!!!

Also, I pulled the connector furthest from the engine and it's green, not red like the other thread says, is that normal, maybe just diff colors in the states?
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

There's several tabs (like 4 or 5) that you need to squeeze towards the center. They have a triangular tip like most of the other connectors on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    There's several tabs (like 4 or 5) that you need to squeeze towards the center. They have a triangular tip like most of the other connectors on the car.
    Yeah, I ended up gettin it off, the screw wouldn't come out and was holdin it on, there was a little thing at the bottom that held the screw from coming out, couldn't get it off, so I cut it so the screw would come out. I didn't get to finish (sucks, but whatever) cuz I was kind of hoping there was already a pin and wire coming out of 47, but there wasn't, so i'm gonna have to order the pin and finish another day, everything else is complete, just left the wire in the engine bay till I get the pin. Any idea where to get it? Can I get it local from the dealer or have to order it online? I can't wait to put up some pics of it, this is the street car, so i'm goin for the subtle, factory stock, everything hidden look, and the way i'm settin it up is gonna be so sweet!!!! There's 8 little holes (2 rows of 4) on the gauge cluster cover piece, and I found a super bright (lit up my entire bedroom in the dark, hahah) led light strip that is 2 rows of 4 with the bulbs in the perfect spot to fit in each one of those holes, it's almost like that spot was made for what i'm doin!!!!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Quote Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
    Yeah, I ended up gettin it off, the screw wouldn't come out and was holdin it on, there was a little thing at the bottom that held the screw from coming out, couldn't get it off, so I cut it so the screw would come out. I didn't get to finish (sucks, but whatever) cuz I was kind of hoping there was already a pin and wire coming out of 47, but there wasn't, so i'm gonna have to order the pin and finish another day, everything else is complete, just left the wire in the engine bay till I get the pin. Any idea where to get it? Can I get it local from the dealer or have to order it online? I can't wait to put up some pics of it, this is the street car, so i'm goin for the subtle, factory stock, everything hidden look, and the way i'm settin it up is gonna be so sweet!!!! There's 8 little holes (2 rows of 4) on the gauge cluster cover piece, and I found a super bright (lit up my entire bedroom in the dark, hahah) led light strip that is 2 rows of 4 with the bulbs in the perfect spot to fit in each one of those holes, it's almost like that spot was made for what i'm doin!!!!
    Sweet. I just put mine in last weekend (Harlan Shift light) just like the www.installuniversity.com write-up.

yes, your local dealership SHOULD have the pin you need, whether or not the'll give you one is a different deal......

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    Sweet. I just put mine in last weekend (Harlan Shift light) just like the www.installuniversity.com write-up.

Sweet, I am doing it this way, cuz it was basically free, and I don't wanna spend a lot of money on the goat cuz i'm trying to get money together to do a turbo project on the Z28, I beat up a couple pistons a couple weeks ago when it decided to just randomly burn 2 plugs, so i'm not goin back through the motor to go the same speed, so it's time to step into forced induction!!! Sucks too, cuz I was on my way to a new best, went 118 mph through the 1/8th and burnt the plugs some time after that, still went a new best (ran it all the way to the 1/4 cuz it had no signs of the burnt plugs, sounded smooth the whole way), but not as good as it should've, went a 9.41 @ 143, she usually gains 29 mph out the back door, so that probably would've been in the 9.2's @ 147 or so!!!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

Quote Originally Posted by cme265
    yes, your local dealership SHOULD have the pin you need, whether or not the'll give you one is a different deal......
    Why wouldn't they?
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

would probably take 15-20 minutes to find it, there is a lot of pins in those boxes..let me see if i can find a part # for it, would make things easier with it when you went in

Quote Originally Posted by cme265
    would probably take 15-20 minutes to find it, there is a lot of pins in those boxes..let me see if i can find a part # for it, would make things easier with it when you went in
    Thanks bro, appreciate it!
    - Devon

White '99 Z28

9.09 @ 150

cme265, welcome to the forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast