Thread: V2/WB hookup

Default V2/WB hookup

Is there a general thread with directions for dummies on hooking up a wideband to the V2?

I have read most everything available and do have my Vout hooked into the + terminal on one of the analog inputs and the corresponding ground from the wideband (TE) hooked into the negative terminal.

I have set up my PIDS, but am getting an invalid PID reading and no output upon logging from the Ben (TE) and AFR (TE) PIDS.

Wouldn't the V2 validate the PIDs automatically or do I have to do something strange?

Perry

Let me edit this and withdraw the question. I see some threads on this subject under Scanning General. Also I need to get a better Vout signal from my DIY Tech Edge.
    Last edited by pkincy; April 7th, 2007 at 11:46 AM.

So this is sorted now?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I believe so. I have read a thousand pages of manuals and posts and studied WB schematics til my brain is scrambled the last 2 days.

For those that don't want to do that make certain you got the external PID selected (one of my many misses) as well as the Ben PID for your WB and the corresponding AFR PIDs.

I also will need to disassemble my Tech Edge Display and solder on an addtl 2 wires to get my Vout and Grnd for the analog in.

So a bit of soldering tomorrow and I should be logging my WB AFR with EFILive V2.

Edit: The WB is hooked up with the resoldered Vout from the Tech Edge display into Analog V1 on the V2 and working well. I had to author a new PID for the AFR as the PID provided in the software for Tech Edge didn't work for Vout. But that was more a pain than a real problem. The included PID is {EXT.V1}*2+9 I recall and I ended up with {EXT.V1}*5+2.1. A bit of a difference.

Here is a link to their Vout graph vs AFR. http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/wblambda.htm That same page shows a linear function that is Vlin*2+9. But I ended up tapping into the nonlinear Vout.

Perry
    Last edited by pkincy; April 9th, 2007 at 04:12 PM.