Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little add on for Rtacs COS5?

Lifetime Member

Default A little add on for Rtacs COS5?

Today,

After a long absence from tuning and the forums etc I was able to use Rtacs. WOW...

One question though... A possible add on...

I am using a TPS VE Table on my pops z06.

Could it be possible to somehow make RTACS read the parameters for using the TPS ve Table VS the regular airflow table and update accordingly?

For instance.. I have the TPS ve to disable at 2000rpm. So RTACS would update under 2000rpm the TPS table and over the VE vs MAP table...

Possible?

And add one more decimal place in the accuracy!
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

That's not possible in V7 software but it is something to consider for including in the V8 software.

The accuracy currently can only be specified as whole numbers - no decimal places. 1% equates to an error tolerance of 0.01, I don't believe a better result would be (or even could be) achieved by decreasing the tolerance.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Paul,

The problem is that ... sometimes when its on 1% the commanded is at 14.7 and it can be at 15.2 and it will not change... I have better results... putting it to 0 and then watching for the changes and activate accordingly.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The accuracy is not applied to the absolute difference between the commanded and actual. The accuracy is applied to the BEN factor like this:

If the commanded was 14.7 and the wide band showed 15.2 then the BEN factor would be calculated something like this ((15.2-14.7)/14.7)*100 = 3.4%

To get below a 1% error, the AFR values would need to be within 14.7/100ths of each other, i.e. less than 0.147 AFR difference.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I assumed the Accuracy was the difference from the Commanded to the actual as 3.4%. That would make sense to me and leave the fine/coarse adjustments to fine tuning. I thought that if the AFR was between 14.84 and 14.55 we would see 1% for the accuracy. To me that only makes sense. Basically the BEN factor is the Accuracy you are trying to achieve. 2% would love BEN values between .98 and 1.02. I would also like to see if a locked cell falls out of that Accuracy, then it would readjust and lock once it is back in the desired range. JMO

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    The accuracy is not applied to the absolute difference between the commanded and actual. The accuracy is applied to the BEN factor like this:

If the commanded was 14.7 and the wide band showed 15.2 then the BEN factor would be calculated something like this ((15.2-14.7)/14.7)*100 = 3.4%

To get below a 1% error, the AFR values would need to be within 14.7/100ths of each other, i.e. less than 0.147 AFR difference.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul, That is what is called percent difference. But it doesn't explain why RTACS is not changing values below 15.2 when commanded is 14.7. I have to put the accuracy to 0.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black02SS
    I assumed the Accuracy was the difference from the Commanded to the actual as 3.4%. That would make sense to me and leave the fine/coarse adjustments to fine tuning. I thought that if the AFR was between 14.84 and 14.55 we would see 1% for the accuracy. To me that only makes sense. Basically the BEN factor is the Accuracy you are trying to achieve. 2% would love BEN values between .98 and 1.02. I would also like to see if a locked cell falls out of that Accuracy, then it would readjust and lock once it is back in the desired range. JMO
    I aggree with you.

if you put the accuracy to zero does it adjust to exactly 14.7? Mine is at the default 1% and I have seen the variation you mentioned and thought i just had to live with it.

Lifetime Member

It tries to.

A little off subject, but how did you put COS 5 on the Z06? I've been wanting to do that with my 01 Z06, but everything I've read said you can't do it because it doesn't have a compatible OS. Which OS number did you use?

Derrick
    1969 Camaro, LS3, 4L80E, Dana 60 rear, Air Ride, 19 and 20" wheels, Baer Brakes, and a lot more.
    2008 Charger SRT-8 Super Bee, Exhaust and Cold Air kit (Wife's car)
    2007 Yukon XL Denali, Family Hauler

http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l...i/69%20Camaro/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast