Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrading to an EFILive custom O.S

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    Hi Ross,

I saw a post of yours in another thread that mentioned that the 2003-2004 custom OS's would be available soon.

Are these OS's intended for certain vehicles. Could they be applied to a Holden, and would there be any benefit (additional functionality in the base OS, etc.)?

Can ya tell I'm an IT guy, gotta have the latest OS

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Ahh, you IT guys, service packs and patches you live for!!.

If you have a VT - VYII then you can only use an O.S intended for a 512K PCM, in this case, 01290001 is the latest for that range, for VZ they used a different PCM so you couldn't use the VZ O.S in your VT - VYII PCM.

Cheers,
    Ross

Well, in that case I am already on the latest and greatest, including service packs! My work is done!

On another topic, how long did it take you to tune you car MAFless. I am using the auto-tune feature which is really simple, but I have this flat spot during acceleration in 3rd gear (manual) which I am trying to find/fix. Did you get anything like that?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    Well, in that case I am already on the latest and greatest, including service packs! My work is done!

On another topic, how long did it take you to tune you car MAFless. I am using the auto-tune feature which is really simple, but I have this flat spot during acceleration in 3rd gear (manual) which I am trying to find/fix. Did you get anything like that?

Cheers.
    So far it's taken me about 8 months!!. Simply because I do very little driving (maybe 100kms per week tops), usually I am in a rush so I never bring the 'tools' to tune, then, I really just don't have time to spend alot of time messing about.
    What I did do was get the WOT done on the dyno, did some Auto-Tune for the part throttle and got the idle sorted, it needs more attention but for me, I living with it.
    If I get to spend time tuning it's usually testing something.
    No flat spot for me in 3rd, mines an Auto :lol:
    Check what the timing is doing, is it pulling heaps out at some point?.

Cheers
    Ross

Hey guys,

I have an 00 C5 m6 tranny with current OS: 09381344

Can I DL and use any of the custom OSs already posted to the main website? I upgrade to commercial several days ago and am itching to get my MAFless SD tuning started.

Thanks!

Lifetime Member

Yes you can use any 01+ OS.

Quote Originally Posted by 87gmc
    And we need commercial version to do this?
    Any hope for us other users?

Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

Because you have to flash in an entirely new OS the only option is to use either the Commercial or Workshop versions, as they are the only editions that can perform the full flash operation.

If you can find a kind sole with either of those editions they could flash in the custom OS, and then you would be able to change the calibrations using your Personal version as you do now. Or at least that is the way I understand it.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco
    Hey guys,

I have an 00 C5 m6 tranny with current OS: 09381344

Can I DL and use any of the custom OSs already posted to the main website? I upgrade to commercial several days ago and am itching to get my MAFless SD tuning started.

Thanks!
    Use any of the 01 - 02 files, just make sure you can get a suitable GM calibration to flash back in.
    From 2003 on for US vehicles they changed up to a different PCM, but we will warn you if you try to flash in the wrong thing.

Cheers,
    Ross

Default confused

I am new to the EFI community and have a question. I have a 00 WS6 TA and am not sure what is meant by:
    "If you are upgrading a 1999 or 2000 O.S to a 2001+ O.S then you will not be able to use any existing .tun file you may have for your 1999/2000 vehicle.
    You will need to obtain a stock (or modified) .bin or .tun file to suit your vehicle. "
    Obtain a stock .bin or .tun file from where? Do the HP tuner files work with EFILive?
    Sorry to sound like a newbie...BUT I AM

Default Re: confused

Quote Originally Posted by ws6togo
    I am new to the EFI community and have a question. I have a 00 WS6 TA and am not sure what is meant by:
    "If you are upgrading a 1999 or 2000 O.S to a 2001+ O.S then you will not be able to use any existing .tun file you may have for your 1999/2000 vehicle.
    You will need to obtain a stock (or modified) .bin or .tun file to suit your vehicle. "
    Obtain a stock .bin or .tun file from where? Do the HP tuner files work with EFILive?
    Sorry to sound like a newbie...BUT I AM
    The issue is the 1999 & 2000 PCM O.S's were sort of unique enough to be quite different to the 2001+ releases, which makes it very hard to 'adapt' a 1999 calibration into a 2001.
    If you have not already done too much tuning on the car yet then use a tun or HPTuners bin from from a matching 2001-2002 WS6 (looking at your user name I am assuming you have a WS6?).
    If you are going MAFless then it is pretty much mandatory you upgrade to a 2001 O.S or even better EFILive custom O.S (so you keep the twin spark tables), because the 2001+ programs did not use 2 VE tables.

Hope that helps.....

Cheers,
    Ross

P.S - Newbies are welcome here too, we all have to start somewhere.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast