Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading to an EFILive custom O.S

Lifetime Member

my os is 12216125 i take it that number has to match all the way though to work

Quote Originally Posted by 69camaro5speed
    I can't find that OS #. I'm going to assume that it is 12212156 in which case the correct custom OS for your stock OS is 020200xx series.

Apologies if this is not what you are asking.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by 69camaro5speed
    From memory that O.S was used on the E85 Fuel trucks, we never did a custom O.S for that one. In the many months they have been out you are the only one that has ever asked!.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

i looked again when i load the tune file it said os 12216125 cal.id 12216131 this is for a 2002 avalanch 8.1

Default Better call the Help Desk on this one

WOW lots of information to absorb. I have 00 WS6 and now I understand that I need the commercial version. No problem...I am ready to upgrade. I saw where the OS has different versions. Which OS year/version is the latest I can use and should I upgrade in small steps (ie. 00 to 01 to 02) or should I just jump from 00 to the latest and greatest...Yes I am I.T. guy too and have to have all the patches and SP's Will the newer OS be easier to do the WBo2?
    It was also mentioned that "EFI will have some very, very neat stuff in the final stages of testing right now that will make the commercial upgrade well worthwhile"... what is the "neat stuff" and should I wait a bit before upgrading??
    I have also noticed that a lot of people like the dual spark map. Why is it better than single spark map?
    On a side note what WB02 is best? I have been looking at the LC-1 and it looks good to me. Does the display from the cable readings display through the laptop or do I need a seperate display?
    '00 Pewter TA WS6 12.6@111 on street tires 1.87 60'
    PERFORMANCE: BG Ram Air, Lid, K&N, MSD 8.5 wires, NGK TR55's, 160*
    SUSPENSION: BMR-STB/SFC/PHR, UMI LCA's
    DRIVETRAIN: rebuilt 4L60E. 3000TCI, Hayden Trans Cooler, Yukon 3.73's, TA girdle
    TUNING: EFILive
    No runs after engine upgrade
    Newest mods:LS6-intake/heads/ported oil pump, 28lb injectors, Comps-918's, Comps 224/230 .581/.592 114 cam, Dynatech LT's, Rollmaster chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ws6togo
    WOW lots of information to absorb. I have 00 WS6 and now I understand that I need the commercial version. No problem...I am ready to upgrade. I saw where the OS has different versions. Which OS year/version is the latest I can use and should I upgrade in small steps (ie. 00 to 01 to 02) or should I just jump from 00 to the latest and greatest...Yes I am I.T. guy too and have to have all the patches and SP's Will the newer OS be easier to do the WBo2?
    It was also mentioned that "EFI will have some very, very neat stuff in the final stages of testing right now that will make the commercial upgrade well worthwhile"... what is the "neat stuff" and should I wait a bit before upgrading??
    I would say you could probably update to the 2001 or 2002 OS used in the WS6. I'm not 100% on that though (we only have Holden's down here).

There is very little difference (generally) between the 2001 and 2002 OS. I have checked several and they all have the same tables. I know exactly where you are coming from being an I.T guy, I am too . These OS's are not like your PC OS's so don't try an compare them

Tuning with a WB02 is easy in al OS's, there is nothing specific in the custom OS's that affect your ability to tune.

Neat stuff that I am aware of:
    - Throttle position referenced fuelling
    - Custom OS for NOS (N20)

I have also noticed that a lot of people like the dual spark map. Why is it better than single spark map?
    Basically because it restores the ability to have adaptive spark maps while running speed density (MAFless). If running speed density on the stock OS's you only have the low octane map referenced.

On a side note what WB02 is best? I have been looking at the LC-1 and it looks good to me. Does the display from the cable readings display through the laptop or do I need a seperate display?
    The LC-1 is fine, a lot of guys use those cause they are a pretty good price. Basically what happens is that you wire the wideband output into the FlashScan unit and then log a PID that brings that data into EFILive (your laptop) logs.

Hope that helps a little...

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Yes...thanks for the answers Tordne
    DRIVETRAIN: rebuilt 4L60E. 3000TCI, Hayden Trans Cooler, Yukon 3.73's, TA girdle
    Newest mods:LS6-intake/heads/ported oil pump, 28lb injectors, Comps-918's, Comps 224/230 .581/.592 114 cam, Dynatech LT's, Rollmaster chain.

WOW lots of information to absorb.
    ws6togo,

take one piece at a time, and "play" with the software alot;
    read a tuturial and do a "dry run" first, understand all the steps;
    when you're not sure about something, ask questions until it's clear;
    there's a bunch of nice people here who are willing to help out...
    run the scan tool alot and check out as many PIDs as you can;
    you'll do well, no worries mate.

Cheers,
    Joe

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    ws6togo,

take one piece at a time, and "play" with the software alot;
    read a tuturial and do a "dry run" first, understand all the steps;
    when you're not sure about something, ask questions until it's clear;
    there's a bunch of nice people here who are willing to help out...
    run the scan tool alot and check out as many PIDs as you can;
    you'll do well, no worries mate.
    Thanks, Its people like you, Black02SS, and others that make working with tuning cars a lot easier. I can see why more and more people are going to EFILive !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    Basic summary below:

Only Version 1 OS has currently been made publicly available at this stage - 2 & 3 aren't far off

Version 1 - This will include the following -
    Dual Spark Mafless with Octane scaler control.

Version 2 - This will include the following -
    Dual Spark Mafless with Octane scaler control.
    Valet mode speed limiter selectable via a toggle switch.
    Two Step Rev Limiter for NON ETC cars.

This version is perfect for those who still want to run with a MAF and don't want to have to do a retune as you will have to do with Version 3.
    Just to clarify, if it's "MAFless" why do you still want to "run with a MAF", and as for "dual spark", that's 2 tables, not 2 flashes of the plug per compression stroke, correct? How does one select the alternate spark and the Rev limiter settings? Thanks!
    Early EFILive V5 user - Upgraded from AutoTap for DOS!
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, A4 - For occasional day trips...
    1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - For the family...
    1989 Honda VTR250 - For me and me only...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast