Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 02 Z06 D1SC tune questions....

Default 02 Z06 D1SC tune questions....

I was looking for guidance/suggestions on tuning my 02 Z06 for the following mods:

D1SC Stage II Procharger 5" pulley (6 psi, I hope)
    60 lb Motrons
    MTI R1 Cam 232 236 .585 .575 114 LSA
    1 7/8" long tube headers, 3" X pipe, 6" GHL Bullits

I know I should adjust the IFR table for the injectors. Should I then bump up my VE table and ease into the boost while autotuning?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    -Jet
    1 7/8" American Racing Headers, 3" X pipe, 6" GHL Bullits ~ DONE, AEM Wideband~DONE, MTI R1 Cam~DONE, Mototron 60's~DONE, D1SC Stage II procharger~DONE, Alky Control Methanol Spray System~To do

Anyone???
    1 7/8" American Racing Headers, 3" X pipe, 6" GHL Bullits ~ DONE, AEM Wideband~DONE, MTI R1 Cam~DONE, Mototron 60's~DONE, D1SC Stage II procharger~DONE, Alky Control Methanol Spray System~To do

Jet,

Not having tuned a boosted application, I will start off an answer to your question, and hopefully others will chime in...

Calculate the IFR table using the spreadsheet floating around;

Follow the Auto VE tutorial for non-boost;

Install COS5 by following the COS3 tutorial and the COS5 thread in the forum;
    then dial in the boost VE table (using Auto VE...) and boost timing table.

Cheers,
    Joe

As always...thanks joecar.

I'm still going to run with the MAF since my boost level is going to be low (6psi). When I add methanol in the future and more boost I'll go SD 2 bar. Can I run with the MAF in COS5?

Thanks
    -Jet

Jet,

Yes, you can run a MAF with COS5.

First, you would dial in the main VE and boost VE tables in OLSD...
    then you would dial in the MAF table.

Oh, and I assume you're going to install a 2 bar MAP sensor... the COS has a scaling table for it.

BTW: what fuel pressure regulator will you use (MAP/vac/boost-referenced or unreferenced)...?
    This will determine whether the IFR table is flat or sloped.
    You calculate the IFR table based on your injector rating and measured fuel pressure.

Joe

So...Your MAP ultimately determines your fuel pressure at the rail? I saw the tutorial about installing a fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail. I guess you could log this against MAP and use the spreadsheet accordingly to determine your IFR at a certian MAP? Is this something that I need to do or is there another way to get these values?

I have about 2 more hours of work to do on my car before I can crank it. I was hoping to crank it soon to hear the lope from the new cam and the whistle from the supercharger. I was planning to just set up the IFR table and scale up the VE table. Would this be enough to get it cranked, since I'll just be pulling vac at idle?

Thanks
    -Jet

You can measure rail pressure with a screw in pressure guage tool, with engine running; if you have the stock regulator, you will see approx 58 psi.

Do you have an aftermarket MAP-referenced regulator or the stock unreferenced regulator...?

If you have the stock regulator, then use the spreadsheet to calculate IFR for your injectors.

MAP-referenced regulator uses MAP "assistance" (via air hose from manifold) to vary the fuel rail pressure to keep the pressure difference across any injector constant (to keep the flow rate constant).

Unreferenced regulator just keeps the fuel rail pressure constant (as best as it can within a few %), but the pressure difference across any injector now varies as MAP varies (or rather as MANVAC varies)... so the PCM needs a lookup table (the IFR table) to know the flow rate at any manifold vacuum (unfortunately MANVAC range of IFR table is 0-80kPa).

Yes, set the IFR table and bump up the VE table (...I don't know by how much for boost, see the AVE/COS tutorials and get opionions on the forum...).
    Last edited by joecar; March 19th, 2007 at 09:51 AM.

Yes....stock regulator.

Wow...you really know your stuff!

Thanks for helping me out. Maybe I can work something up and flash. I hope to crank it tomorrow!

Thanks
    -Jet

Thanks, you're welcome.

IFR spreadsheet available from here: http://allmod.net/hpt/InjectorsVE.xls

Other interesting info from that site: http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com

Courtesy of Marcin (RedHardSupra on this and other forums).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast