Thread: EFILive saves the day!

Lifetime Member

Default EFILive saves the day!

A customer of mine recently ran into a problem with his bank 2 cat converter. The problem was first discovered when he had 78-79K miles on it (thanks to the scan tool). He took it into the dealer then, they claimed it was an O2 sensor that needed to be replaced. Code came up again a few weeks later at 83K miles. Took it in. They couldn't see any problem. Finally at 86K, took it back and told them to fix it. This time they come back and say that the cat converter is bad and it'll be about $800 to replace. Warranty on the cat converters is 80K miles.

He went back and forth with them stating it was a known condition before 80K miles and they should have replaced it then, they continued to balk. Then I found a copy of the log that I had emailed him back before he first took it in which showed the code that had popped up and the date stamp on the email. He took that information in and a screenshot of the DTCs page. GM is now paying for the cat convert.

Cliff Notes Version: EFILive rocks.

Thats awesome!

Lifetime Member

Thats one way to stick it to them!!!!!

Lifetime Member

Boo yaa!!! Way to stick it to them man, and glad hes getting a cat now!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.