Thread: DashPage Save?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DashPage Save?

Folks,

Aargh, but I am frustrated. (Edit....was frustrated.)

Clearly EFILive is the most capable tuning software available but it is also the most complicated.

The challenges of working with EFILive are offset by its capability, however I am currently fighting something simple. The Save and Save As and Open functions are baffling me.

I have set up my A, B and C dashpages and my Dashboard for VETuning a bunch of times. Each time I will dutifully design (well with A I just pull in default Imperial and use it) a chart or dashpage and dutifully save it as VETuning A, VETuning B, or VETuning C as required.

Unfortunately each time I try and pull up what I thought was a saved page it is an old unfinished page I had done a week ago. Grrr.

Why won't the durned Save As function work??????

Edit: Well this dummy set aside another couple of hours to read pages 110 to 118 of the Scanner manual and figured out how best to set up the charts and with some of the suggestions below was able to save a heirarchy of charts, pages, and dashboards that actually will open back up.

Perry
    Last edited by pkincy; April 12th, 2007 at 11:00 AM.

Lifetime Member

Hi Perry,

Are you saving the resultant Dashboard file after creating the set of dashboard pages? By this, I speak of the second set of new/open/save/save as buttons, immediately to the left of the filter button? If not, attempt to save that as whatever it is that you prefer, "VE tuning.vdb" for example.

Then, go to edit, then properties and the startup tab. Towards the bottom is the "Load Defaults" section. Check the "Always load dashboard file:" checkbox and select the file that you just saved.

Please give that a try and report back.

Justin

Thanks Justin,

I will follow your directions although I just rebuilt it for the 31st time and believe I did all that.

When you build the DashPage C....what are the VDCs you save? The 1 or 4 individual pages that make up a dashpage.

So am i getting this right. We got VDC (charts) that need to be saved; VDP (pages) that need to be saved; and VDBs (dash boards) that need saving. And the latter includes the former as a subset?

So if we work from the bottom up we save the VDC first, the VDP second and the VDB third.

I think that is what I was doing, although I couldn't get the Page C sized smoothly.

Another mystery to me is what controls the font size of the chart label. I think I know what controls the font size of the actual reported number. I don't have a clue what controls the font size of the numbers that periodically report the number of pieces of data being collected.

I will do some rereading of the manual and see Whaz Up!

Perry
    Last edited by pkincy; April 9th, 2007 at 04:46 PM.

Whoa little doggie! First things first, once you get done with your masterpiece dashpage then I suggest you right click on the page and lock the dashboard. Then if you ever see the little disc save button get illuminated or if you start to close out the scanner and it asks you to save changes then, you need to stop, and cancel and look at what got "bumped, moved, whatever..." You just have to flow with it. What makes it such a cool tool is the infinite amount of customization you can do. Alas, if you don't save properly you will be runnning down the rabbit hole. Don't try to do so much everyday. Take it slower and reward yourself for accomplishing one thing at a time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dashpage save reference.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	1491  

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

I suspect you are correct. The software does sometimes ask about saving and sometimes it doesn't. And the saving is not at all intuitive.

I love EFILive and its capability but do worry that we will shut out a large part of the tuning market by not keeping ease of use as high a priority as capability.

Perry
    Last edited by pkincy; April 9th, 2007 at 04:47 PM.

Lifetime Member

Hey Perry,

I'd be glad to continue to provide support to you. As the software grows and the need grows, we will continue to adapt the training course to provide the best experience to users as possible.

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by pkincy
    I suspect you are correct. The software does sometimes ask about saving and sometimes it doesn't. And the saving is not at all intuitive.

I love EFILive and its capability but do worry that we will shut out a large part of the tuning market by not keeping ease of use as high a priority as capability.

Perry
    As Chad's sig says "Take the Blue Pill."

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com