Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no power enrichment on '06 trucks ??

Default no power enrichment on '06 trucks ??

Because of the release of the 2007 truck line recently I have tuned several 2006 trucks & suv's . (pick-ups-yukons-denalis-tahoes---etc.)
    The problem i am having is that after tuning them and then driving them to log various pids, I can't seem to get the vehicle to operate out of closed loop. The AFR's are always stuck on 14.63 at WOT---the 02 voltages still oscillate at WOT
    and power enrichment mode is never activated---no matter what I've tried to do or change---And i've tried tons on things---I've changed all the normal things--took out all the delays--set the AFR @ RPM at 12.70--set the tps activation at 58% etc etc.

Do these vehicles ever operate in an open loop type status ( OL-DRI) to activate power enrichment???---Or do they always just run in a closed loop mode??----It seems that a few 06's have taken the changes and allowed me to change PE---but lately almost all won't----Anybody know ? Am I doing something wrong ? or is this the way they operate now??-- THKS Tom

What about the PE delay? Did you set it to 0?

Edit, never mind, I missed that part in your post

Post the tune maybe there's something your missing
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Lifetime Member

What operating system are you running into these problems with? I've never had any problems making PE mode changes on 2006 trucks... 2007 Classics however do need a few more tables added to the calibration...

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin
    What operating system are you running into these problems with? I've never had any problems making PE mode changes on 2006 trucks... 2007 Classics however do need a few more tables added to the calibration...
    hello--the OS # is 12587811-----

Lifetime Member

Interesting. That's the OS I've been having great success with. Don't know what to say...

Here is his tune file Justin, I don't see anything he missed, but maybe you will
    Attached Files Attached Files
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Lifetime Member

The only thing that I can see is that the PE Map threshold {b3613} is below the allowed limits. This could be causing the problem, but can't be certain...

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin
    The only thing that I can see is that the PE Map threshold {b3613} is below the allowed limits. This could be causing the problem, but can't be certain...

Justin
    The stk setting on b3613 was 16.20---I generally leave this one alone--the 4.4 setting in there now was an experiment to try to fix it--both #'s didn't change a thing--do you have an '06 modified file where the PE works that i could look at ???

What about the 02 switching points or any tabe in the 02 file that might be suspect ??

Lifetime Member

The attached changes (to a stock tune) are an example of what I would typically make to the enablers.

Justin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes I use the exact same method to enable PE---I don't know If it is a problem because I'm still using V1 with the older update of Dec. 15th,2006.
    I just recently downloaded the new version 7.42 of march 15th but have yet to try it on another '06-----ANYONE ????? Anybody know it my software is or was the problem ??

PS---I have V2 ordered wil be here shortly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast